The Student Room Group

Harrods summer temp job

I did a harrods interview and after was asked for assessment center it went pretty well then the same day I get s email saying I have been talent pool and so on. Can someone clarify if this is bad? Was I rejected? Should I give up or if they have any experience with a talent pool
Original post by Samissa
I did a harrods interview and after was asked for assessment center it went pretty well then the same day I get s email saying I have been talent pool and so on. Can someone clarify if this is bad? Was I rejected? Should I give up or if they have any experience with a talent pool

What was the wording of the email? It's difficult to be able to say with the brief description you've given. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
What was the wording of the email? It's difficult to be able to say with the brief description you've given. :redface:

Thank you so much for applying to Harrods and attending our Assessment Centre.

At this stage of your application we have placed you in our Talent Pool. We were impressed with your performance at the Assessment Centre however. we are waiting for roles which match both your availability and skill set.

If and when this does arise, we will contact you via phone to formally offer you. You will be in the talent pool from now until the end of July 2019
Reply 3
Thank you for the reply how u can help !!!
Original post by 04MR17
Original post by Samissa
Thank you so much for applying to Harrods and attending our Assessment Centre.

At this stage of your application we have placed you in our Talent Pool. We were impressed with your performance at the Assessment Centre however. we are waiting for roles which match both your availability and skill set.

If and when this does arise, we will contact you via phone to formally offer you. You will be in the talent pool from now until the end of July 2019

So, in layman's terms:

We didn't give you the job you applied for.

We still think you're a good candidate, who would do well working at Harrods.

If there's a similar job that comes up that you're good for, we might offer it to you.

Come August, you're off our list.

I think that you can take this as something positive. :wink:
Reply 5
Did they get back to you? After knowing about the talent pool??
Reply 6
Did they get back to you? After knowing about the talent pool??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending