The Student Room Group

Charles University Prague Medicine 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OracleVEVO
Anyone joining HK medicine for 2019/20

me!!
Hi! I recently got accepted to the Third Faculty at Prague
Reply 22
Hi I wanted to know about the faculty in Charles University for Medical because i don't trust a university just by ranking. Moreover, may I know if the practicals are conducted on dolls or actual dead bodies?Thank you in advance!
Reply 23
Original post by ShaQ54
Hi I wanted to know about the faculty in Charles University for Medical because i don't trust a university just by ranking. Moreover, may I know if the practicals are conducted on dolls or actual dead bodies?Thank you in advance!

I passed the exam recently and will be enrolling at First Faculty in September. Dissections are done on full human cadavers and it is this traditional approach is what really attracted me. I went on the open doors day and it is really impressive.

Good luck!!
Original post by Anonymous
The entrance exam is difficult, I answered based on the most familiar answer I knew and got through. I suggest you look at the recommended books at each faculty website and understand the different methods of marking.

hey! How did you prepare?
Original post by Javitormen

Hi! Im applying for Charles Third Faculty for 2022. My entrance exam is in April, i've had a look at the past papers on their website but most of the content is beyond A-level. Any tips based on personal experiences? Also, are all the exams for all Czech/Charles Uni similar in terms of content
Reply 26
Original post by Maryyam Moazzam
Hi! Im applying for Charles Third Faculty for 2022. My entrance exam is in April, i've had a look at the past papers on their website but most of the content is beyond A-level. Any tips based on personal experiences? Also, are all the exams for all Czech/Charles Uni similar in terms of content

Have you had any updates on this ? My entrance exam for Masaryk is next month and I don’t know what to do
Original post by Mazziam
Have you had any updates on this ? My entrance exam for Masaryk is next month and I don’t know what to do

Hi,
I had my entrance test for third faculty yesterday. The Maths and Chemistry were okay but I found Biology hard as it was beyond A-levels. I have been accepted there. I have Masaryk in 2 weeks and Sofia in September. I'm not sure which one to go for. Anyone have any experience, any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
Original post by Javitormen

Are you joining this year or have you done first year? How is it?
Reply 29
Original post by zaidia07
Hi,
I had my entrance test for third faculty yesterday. The Maths and Chemistry were okay but I found Biology hard as it was beyond A-levels. I have been accepted there. I have Masaryk in 2 weeks and Sofia in September. I'm not sure which one to go for. Anyone have any experience, any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

I’m only looking at Masaryk , I like how modern the facilities are . How are you preparing for Masaryk ? I’m finding it really difficult as I didn’t do maths or physics for a levels and the chemistry & biology is beyond a level .
Original post by Mazziam
I’m only looking at Masaryk , I like how modern the facilities are . How are you preparing for Masaryk ? I’m finding it really difficult as I didn’t do maths or physics for a levels and the chemistry & biology is beyond a level .

I did Maths and Chemistry but not biology. The Masaryk exam seems even more difficult then third faculty. I will be using past paper questions to prepare for it.
Reply 31
Would you say the maths is more similar to GCSE or A-Level . Same , I’m going to just do the questions online and learn the chemistry that is different to A-level . Good luck !
Original post by Mazziam
Would you say the maths is more similar to GCSE or A-Level . Same , I’m going to just do the questions online and learn the chemistry that is different to A-level . Good luck !

Maths is more A-level standard. Yo Good luck too!
Reply 33
Original post by zaidia07
Maths is more A-level standard. Yo Good luck

Thank you . Sorry , one last thing , do you know where to get the answers to these questions are ?
Original post by Mazziam
Thank you . Sorry , one last thing , do you know where to get the answers to these questions are ?

Unfortunately not. Sorry.
Reply 35
Original post by Mazziam

where did you study for the entrance exam from and do you know how to get a booklet of the past paper entrance exam questions?
Original post by FireKebab
Hi All

Just applied for Charles University First Faculty of Medicine for 2019 entry. Looking to see who else is in the same boat. Also looking at some other central european universities. I have friends at the First Faculty and love Prague so fingers crossed.

Hey! How my exam is in 2 1/2mo, did you get in? And how did you prepare for it? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending