The Student Room Group

Will Boris make it as PM or has he ruined his chances now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mnot
I honestly think there's a good chance a very small 2 minute argument, and an entitled extreme-lefty neighbour thought they would try and ruin BJ and called the police & contacted the press.

They didn't make up the bits where she was screaming at him to get off her.
Given he’s against Hunt (who voted remain) then probably yes, he still will win. Had he been against Gove, a leaver and ideas man then it would be closer.
It's funny how he rarely mentions his time at Foreign Secretary. A higher position and more important for the whole of the United Kingdom rather than focusing on London but then again he had a rather terrible time as Foreign Secretary. :rofl:

Honestly most people but Corbyn would win in an election I believe even someone like Ed Milliband.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Indeed. There's this fantastic nonsense in Tory circles that they should pick him because he was able to win in London, but that was against Ken Livingstone in his declining (and blatantly anti-semitic) years and Boris was able to mobilise the suburbs with blatant appeals to racism. Presumably we will get the same when the general election comes with the most horrible reawakening of direct racism this country will have seen since the 50s from both Tories and the Brexit Party.

Labour desperately need to pick a new and tougher leader who can connect with the masses - not sure who that is though.
Original post by Themysticalegg
It's funny how he rarely mentions his time at Foreign Secretary. A higher position and more important for the whole of the United Kingdom rather than focusing on London but then again he had a rather terrible time as Foreign Secretary. :rofl:

Honestly most people but Corbyn would win in an election I believe even someone like Ed Milliband.

It is as if the post of fore-sec no longer existed. Even Hunt seems not to be bothering and he allegedly has the job. :lol:
Ruined it by being a human being who has relationship problems like any other human being? Quick call the police! Oh, someone already did.
They didn't make up the bits where she was screaming at him to get off her.

The neighbours were so concerned for the safety of their neighbours they got their dictaphone out and rang the guardian, rather than just knock on the door...
Original post by the bear
the neighbours are entitled trustfund Laborites. why on earth Boris is living near these trolls is an utter mystery.

do people like you read what you type before you hit send
He'll still win. People didn't care about him being a bungling idiot who got an unjust sentence for a British national extended, an unremitting failure as foreign secretary. They didn't care about his constant racist tripe (watermelons and "picaninny smiles" and the pillarbox comments). They won't care about this. The bloke consistently fails upwards.
Original post by mnot
The neighbours were so concerned for the safety of their neighbours they got their dictaphone out and rang the guardian, rather than just knock on the door...

You haven't read the actual account. He recorded it on his phone for evidence gathering as he was intending to call the police - he and other neighbours also banged on the door to no effect.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/22/neighbour-who-called-police-over-boris-johnson-row-goes-public

It does sound as if it was pretty bad and scary and not just a regular relationship row.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
He'll still win. People didn't care about him being a bungling idiot who got an unjust sentence for a British national extended, an unremitting failure as foreign secretary. They didn't care about his constant racist tripe (watermelons and "picaninny smiles" and the pillarbox comments). They won't care about this. The bloke consistently fails upwards.

As we saw with Dave, there's still a huge deference in Britain to the Etonian accent and demeanour. They practise it in front of mirrors at Eton you know.
Let’s be honest, giving the recording to a paper is an invasion of his privacy which should not be encouraged.
You haven't read the actual account. He recorded it on his phone for evidence gathering as he was intending to call the police - he and other neighbours also banged on the door to no effect.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/22/neighbour-who-called-police-over-boris-johnson-row-goes-public

It does sound as if it was pretty bad and scary and not just a regular relationship row.

Its already come out, the neighbour is politically opposed to BJ, the speed he called the press & the fact it was the guardian makes me extremely sceptical of the severity of the situation and that this was a stunt designed to derail his campaign.
Who knows what happened, but BJ is still living in the house & the police seem comfortable enough that there is nothing to be concerned about. If it were a serious incident there would have been a police report the press could get their hands on, instead the neighbours took it upon themselves to muddy BJ's reputation.
Original post by mnot
Its already come out, the neighbour is politically opposed to BJ, the speed he called the press & the fact it was the guardian makes me extremely sceptical of the severity of the situation and that this was a stunt designed to derail his campaign.
Who knows what happened, but BJ is still living in the house & the police seem comfortable enough that there is nothing to be concerned about. If it were a serious incident there would have been a police report the press could get their hands on, instead the neighbours took it upon themselves to muddy BJ's reputation.

Indeed. At the least releasing it to the press is an invasion of privacy.
Original post by mnot
i agree, no charges were made, no plans for further investigation and the police left after a matter of minutes.

Could there have been a small argument, maybe, who knows.

The fact the media cottoned onto to this so quickly and the neighbour had a transcript of the situation makes me incredibly suspicious, and the fact it was the Guardian as well...

I honestly think there's a good chance a very small 2 minute argument, and an entitled extreme-lefty neighbour thought they would try and ruin BJ and called the police & contacted the press.

The thing is, it at the least symbolises BoJo's complete failure to understand how his outbursts might have negative consequences. I'm sure he could afford to soundproof his pad if he had an inkling that his temper might just radiate into earshot of hostile neighbours.
Original post by mnot

Is that the same police who urgently radioed "restrict this" when they found out who it was? I reckon if Boris had emerged with a meat cleaver covered in blood and her head under his arm they'd have asked him if they could help him clean up. They probably leaked it to the press because it was clear that the police were attempting to cover it up, which they were.

FYI, other media sources than the Guardian have reported that people heard the row some way down the street and were very concerned.

It is completely normal now (and the police recommend it) to record violent incidents as much as possible in order to evidence gather.
Original post by BeetRoots
The thing is, it at the least symbolises BoJo's complete failure to understand how his outbursts might have negative consequences. I'm sure he could afford to soundproof his pad if he had an inkling that his temper might just radiate into earshot of hostile neighbours.

It's her flat, not his.

The way this is developing, she'd better watch her back too methinks.
More about Brunswick Park where the incident took place. The local police station has recently closed due to Tory cuts.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/22/boris-johnson-camberwell-south-london-brexiters-thin-on-the-ground
It's her flat, not his.

The way this is developing, she'd better watch her back too methinks.

His SPADs must be pulling all nighters ATM.
Original post by BeetRoots
His SPADs must be pulling all nighters ATM.

Lol, they are probably on emergency oxygen by now.
The 'security risk' thing? Ironic to see this being used between Tories, it's normally reserved for chucking at the Labour leader a day or two before the general election.

“I come with a message from Comrade Putin. Unless you give me ze nuclear codes, Comrade Putin will tell the world that you are a philandering untrustworthy idiot with no respect in any foreign capital”

You see we can’t possibly allow him to be Prime Minister. The Russians would totally have him over a barrel. These dark secrets about his character known only to everyone who voted for/against/abstain Brexit would compel him to hand over the passwords for his Netflix subscription (which he had muddled up with the nuclear codes).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending