The Student Room Group

Are you able to switch University courses if you don't get the required grade

This applies to Foundation years and usual university degrees.

If you don't meet your required GCSE grade or A-level grade, are you able to switch to a course with a lower required grade at the same university?

This question is for undergraduates.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yeh but it has to be done on the day you receive your results you need to call admissions and ask, sometime there are online services to do it. But calling is better in case the course is filled
The course tutor said to email him to ask whether or not I could still do the course I applied for, in the event that I don't meet the required grade. Should I wait for his response or should I call admissions straight away after receiving my results?
Original post by Doublletrouble
Yeh but it has to be done on the day you receive your results you need to call admissions and ask, sometime there are online services to do it. But calling is better in case the course is filled
Original post by HarryOnTap
The course tutor said to email him to ask whether or not I could still do the course I applied for, in the event that I don't meet the required grade. Should I wait for his response or should I call admissions straight away after receiving my results?

No admission is the one that you really need that day, the course tutor will be only useful once admission can accept you, as they can help to forward your application to the tutor
Ah I see, thanks. Can the course tutor waver anything or is that solely down to admissions?
Original post by Doublletrouble
No admission is the one that you really need that day, the course tutor will be only useful once admission can accept you, as they can help to forward your application to the tutor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending