The Student Room Group

sex

im going to uni in september, im a virgin and bit worried - how many girls here went to uni and ended up having sex in there first year ?

Scroll to see replies

OMG wth, you going to uni for education not to have sex. Dnt worry too much about it.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
im going to uni in september, im a virgin and bit worried - how many girls here went to uni and ended up having sex in there first year ?

When you say "ended up having sex" you make it sound like it was accidental.

If you don't want to, or are nervous about it, don't. It's not a race, it's not a competition.

Nothing to be worried about, the amount of virgin freshers is probably about 35% when they join.

Either way its not a big deal, whilst I would by the end of first year 80-90% of people have had sex its a personally choice for you to decide when you want to...

Im not a girl and ive just completely guessed on these percentages. But I wouldn't worry either way, just let it happen when you're ready.
Reply 4
Original post by Drewski
When you say "ended up having sex" you make it sound like it was accidental.

If you don't want to, or are nervous about it, don't. It's not a race, it's not a competition.

ive been told that there is so much pressure to have sex at uni tho, been told students talk so much about sex,

What are you worried about?
Reply 6
Nothing to be worried about, the amount of virgin freshers is probably about 35% when they join.

Either way its not a big deal, whilst I would by the end of first year 80-90% of people have had sex its a personally choice for you to decide when you want to...

Im not a girl and ive just completely guessed on these percentages. But I wouldn't worry either way, just let it happen when you're ready.

ive been told by people i know to take condoms with me, cause the chances of having sex is high
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
What are you worried about?

ive been told the chances of coming home a virgin r slim
ive been told the chances of coming home a virgin r slim

That's only if you want to have sex. If you want to stay a virgin, you simply just don't have sex. There really isn't anything to worry about.
Reply 9
That's only if you want to have sex. If you want to stay a virgin, you simply just don't have sex. There really isn't anything to worry about.

so do i take condoms like ive been told too?

Do you want to have sex at uni?
ive been told that there is so much pressure to have sex at uni tho, been told students talk so much about sex,

Nope. If you don't want to have sex, don't have sex. It's not hard.

See above
Do you want to have sex at uni?

not sure, do u know any girls who havent
I wasn't a virgin when I started uni and still didn't sleep with anyone in my first year. I went clubbing but I liked someone else (and ended up in an LDR with him in the February) so I avoided hooking up.
Original post by sinfonietta
I wasn't a virgin when I started uni and still didn't sleep with anyone in my first year. I went clubbing but I liked someone else (and ended up in an LDR with him in the February) so I avoided hooking up.

did u pressure to have sex - plus do stundents talk about sex

What kinds of language is this? Where are you from?

No pressure whatsoever. And not really. I wouldn't say uni students talk about sex more than the average person.
Original post by Drewski
What kinds of language is this? Where are you from?

okay did you feel pressured about sex
okay did you feel pressured about sex

Not remotely.

Where are you going and what are you studying?
Original post by sinfonietta
No pressure whatsoever. And not really. I wouldn't say uni students talk about sex more than the average person.

its just that i havent had sex and if any student talk about there first times i cant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending