The Student Room Group

Withdrawing my application

it's one week away from results day and I don't want to go to the uni any more, I went to track to withdraw and the option is gone now and I don't really know what to do, it says that I can withdraw my application on results day or after. it is possible to do this before.
It's one week before the results and I realized I really don't want to go to uni any more. The withdrawing option from the track is gone but it says that I can withdraw on the results day or after. Is it possible to do it before? and am I going to be ok?
Reply 2
Hi, have you tried contacting your firm choice about your decision and how you can withdraw? If your choice is confirmed then you will have to withdraw by contacting the uni .
I was in the same situation a week ago and managed to withdraw my application via UCAS , by going on “my application” and then scroll down and there should be a withdraw option.
Original post by 1804
Hi, have you tried contacting your firm choice about your decision and how you can withdraw? If your choice is confirmed then you will have to withdraw by contacting the uni .
I was in the same situation a week ago and managed to withdraw my application via UCAS , by going on “my application” and then scroll down and there should be a withdraw option.

so should I email them and it wouldn't go to my insurance choice would it, also I can't click on the withdraw option anymore because the track is on lockdown until the results day, I am really confused.
Original post by Soophia786
it's one week away from results day and I don't want to go to the uni any more, I went to track to withdraw and the option is gone now and I don't really know what to do, it says that I can withdraw my application on results day or after. it is possible to do this before.

are you sure you want to do this i would say wait until results day just to be fully sure about this decision cause it may just be in the heat of the moment
Reply 5
so should I email them and it wouldn't go to my insurance choice would it, also I can't click on the withdraw option anymore because the track is on lockdown until the results day, I am really confused.

Ohhh okay so yeah you could try emailing them but if you want a quicker response then phone them, and if they say that you’ll have to inform your insurance choice then phone them up just to be certain is well . Otherwise you might just have to wait till results day.
It's one week before the results and I realized I really don't want to go to uni any more. The withdrawing option from the track is gone but it says that I can withdraw on the results day or after. Is it possible to do it before? and am I going to be ok?

You should be able to withdraw after 3pm on results day if you’re sure that’s the right thing to do.

You don’t have to decide right away - you can change your mind right up until the day you’re due to start your course if you want.

Are you sure that you want to withdraw or would it be worth asking to defer your place to 2020 start? You can still withdraw later on if you defer (if you want to reapply to different universities then you have to withdraw from your deferred place and reapply) but it sometimes helps to have a fallback option.

There’s no rush. Take your time, think about your different options and then when you’re certain either make the change on Track or ring your university up to request a deferral

If you withdraw then that cancels your 2019 ucas application altogether.

What do you want to do instead of going to your firm choice?
Original post by PQ
You should be able to withdraw after 3pm on results day if you’re sure that’s the right thing to do.

You don’t have to decide right away - you can change your mind right up until the day you’re due to start your course if you want.

Are you sure that you want to withdraw or would it be worth asking to defer your place to 2020 start? You can still withdraw later on if you defer (if you want to reapply to different universities then you have to withdraw from your deferred place and reapply) but it sometimes helps to have a fallback option.

There’s no rush. Take your time, think about your different options and then when you’re certain either make the change on Track or ring your university up to request a deferral

Thank you soo much, I feel so much better now that I know my options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending