The Student Room Group

24 and still never had a girlfriend

I’m 24 years old years old and I’ve been single all my life and still never had a girlfriend and I’m getting absolutely sick of seeing people around me coming out of relationship then a few weeks/months later they get in a new relationship and there’s me still single.

No girl has ever found me attractive or ever had any feelings for me. Not one ever bothered approaching me whether it’s online, a nightclub or in public. Don’t tell it’s self-pity, because all this I stated are personal experiences I encountered in my life, they are facts.

I addressed many useless people with my issues but the typical recycled responses are along the lines of “Don’t worry you’ll find someone soon”, “Your time will come” or “there’s someone out there for everyone”. No, I’lll never find someone, my time will never come and there’s not someone out there for everyone. If I’m wrong then If would’ve been in relationship years ago. You may not want to take this thread seriously but try being a lonely angry 24 year old virgin who’s never been a relationship before and gets looked down on society. At one point it lead to wanting to put myself out of my misery because there’s nothing going for me.

I was 15/16 since I started wondered questioning why I’m still single.

-Is it because of my looks? Not the best looking guy but not ugliest either but most girls do judge on looks even though I seen guys uglier than me in relationships.

-Is it the way I come across? I’m socially inept who lacks adequate communication skills and minor speech impediment.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why are you not approaching girls instead of hoping they'd approach you? 🤔
Reply 2
Looks might play a part. If you feel your looks are holding you back, invest in new clothes and make an effort to change your appearance such as a new hair style.

I had my first relationship when I was 23. When I stopped looking for someone, I found someone. Online dating is a minefield too, I wouldn't rely on it that much.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Why are you not approaching girls instead of hoping they'd approach you? 🤔

1). I didn’t felt worthy.

2). I might get told to f*** off.
Original post by UWS
Looks might play a part. If you feel your looks are holding you back, invest in new clothes and make an effort to change your appearance such as a new hair style.

I had my first relationship when I was 23. When I stopped looking for someone, I found someone. Online dating is a minefield too, I wouldn't rely on it that much.

Tried it. New clothes, modern haircut,l even whipped out a beard but still no lock.
Reply 5
Original post by AnxiousAtypical
I addressed many useless people with my issues but the typical recycled responses are along the lines of “Don’t worry you’ll find someone soon”, “Your time will come” or “there’s someone out there for everyone”. No, I’lll never find someone, my time will never come and there’s not someone out there for everyone. If I’m wrong then If would’ve been in relationship years ago.

You are wrong. They're right.

If you're open, if you're friendly, if you're putting yourself out there, then at some point it will happen.

If you're utterly convinced of your own ineptitude, angry, and bitter, then it won't.

And on top of it all, you're 24. That's young. Pretty much every relationship you see your peers getting into at your age and younger will fail. 99.9% of them. So far, you've avoided that. Frankly, that's a good thing.
Reply 6

1- so?
2- so?
Invest Today
Reply 8

So you don't like rejection... Who does. You lack self confidence too, girls like lads with confidence. I think that's what's holding you back mate
Reply 9
Tried it. New clothes, modern haircut,l even whipped out a beard but still no lock.

It's not a trick. There's no such thing as a instant fix.

You're going out there thinking that you can do one thing and suddenly you'll deserve to have women flocking to you...

In amongst everything you've written is, to me, the feeling like you're owed something. Why?

You will. Many times. But it’s completely normal and a part of life. You’re not going to get any where if you can’t handle rejection. How often do you hear stories of girls approaching guys? I doubt even the best looking guy gets regularly approached by a girl. Girls want someone with a bit of confidence
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wooord
You will. Many times. But it’s completely normal and a part of life. You’re not going to get any where if you can’t handle rejection. How often do you hear stories of girls approaching guys? I doubt even the best looking guy gets regularly approached by girl. Girls want someone with a bit of confidence

This I’m distinctly average and have been approached twice by girls. If you are slightly below average that number may fall further so you are going to have to put yourself out there.
Original post by Drewski
You are wrong. They're right.

If you're open, if you're friendly, if you're putting yourself out there, then at some point it will happen.

If you're utterly convinced of your own ineptitude, angry, and bitter, then it won't.

And on top of it all, you're 24. That's young. Pretty much every relationship you see your peers getting into at your age and younger will fail. 99.9% of them. So far, you've avoided that. Frankly, that's a good thing.

I’d used to considered myself as nice person not be confused with ‘/r/niceguys’ Hence I said nice person. Recent years I thrived on anger and bitterness, not just towards girls but guys that could a ladies attention just like a click of a button also school/college/public bullying took a huge toll as well.

What doh mean by fail? Some I’ve seen lasted for a good few months, some I’ve seen lasted for at least a solid 2 years. It’s not good thing, if they experiencing the goodness of being in a relationship and living under a sexuality active life.

1. That is an acceptable feeling escpecially when you are inexperienced with women. The best place to start is going to a group which you have an interest or hobby in eg gaming, football, societies etc and talking to women there in a casual conversation by asking them wh they are there etc. This is more natural and builds up more trust than approaching a stranger asking them out

2. If this happens call the woman out for being rude to you and thank her for showing her true colours so you didn't waste your time getting involved with them
Original post by SMEGGGY
So you don't like rejection... Who does. You lack self confidence too, girls like lads with confidence. I think that's what's holding you back mate

I’d get rejected the moment they set their eye on my face and I’m sorry my name isn’t Brad the Lad
Original post by iodo345
1. That is an acceptable feeling escpecially when you are inexperienced with women. The best place to start is going to a group which you have an interest or hobby in eg gaming, football, societies etc and talking to women there in a casual conversation by asking them wh they are there etc. This is more natural and builds up more trust than approaching a stranger asking them out

2. If this happens call the woman out for being rude to you and thank her for showing her true colours so you didn't waste your time getting involved with them

I forget to mention I wouldn’t want to approach a girl and then ends up mentioning she has boyfriend. That’d be very awkward.
I’d get rejected the moment they set their eye on my face and I’m sorry my name isn’t Brad the Lad

Well carry on with the self pitying then

It's not your looks.

Given the state of this thread it's the ugliness of your personality.
Thank God I'm only 23 and have never had a girlfriend. I would feel like a complete loser if I was your age and still hadn't had one, OP.
Reply 19
I forget to mention I wouldn’t want to approach a girl and then ends up mentioning she has boyfriend. That’d be very awkward.

How do you expect your situation to change if you find excuses for every single piece of advice that's thrown at you? Sorry we aren't spoon feeding you but wallowing in self-pity isn't going to make you stop being single.

Latest

Trending

Trending