The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Lifestyle Moderate Living? Accommodation Query

Hi,
So I have been assigned to Darwin College at Kent University where in my offer it says;
Lifestyle Moderate Living: Yes
I clicked on 'No' when asked upon application but I've been put into it and I'm wondering how serious the place will take the 'No loud music and no partying attitude'? I want a enjoyable university experience of going out and having fun and meeting new people, not stuck in the quiet in my accommodation without being allowed to come home drunk etc etc.
Any advice or insight?
Thanks!
Original post by EoinOD
Hi,
So I have been assigned to Darwin College at Kent University where in my offer it says;
Lifestyle Moderate Living: Yes
I clicked on 'No' when asked upon application but I've been put into it and I'm wondering how serious the place will take the 'No loud music and no partying attitude'? I want a enjoyable university experience of going out and having fun and meeting new people, not stuck in the quiet in my accommodation without being allowed to come home drunk etc etc.
Any advice or insight?
Thanks!

Hi there!
I personally didn't stay in Lifestyle Moderate Living accommodation but I know a few people who did. Parties/evening gatherings in your own flat could pose a bit of a problem, but that doesn't stop you going to other people's flats or out to bars on campus or to Venue, I think just as long as you are respectful of the people in your flat then you shouldn't have a problem :smile: If you are really unhappy with being in designated quiet accommodation then you can phone the accommodation office and see if there are any other rooms available that aren't lifestyle moderate living.
I hope this helps a bit!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I didn't live in Darwin, but honestly it's all pretty flexible nobody will be upset with you for getting home drunk etc. If you wanna have a loud social gathering, it would probably be better to give your housemates a heads up but even that is not required. Darwin college is also where ruby Tuesday's is every week, so don't expect it to be boring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending