The Student Room Group

I did a bad thing

Me and my boyfriend of 1 year and 2 months was arguing. He was upset that I sent someone love heart emoji’s, so instead of me to say sorry I kind of told him it was not that serious. We are arguing now he ends up punching the mirror and shattering the whole glass. He cut his hand open and then started saying “look what you made me do” at first I was like “omg, why would you do that are you okay etc” but then he started being really horrible to me.. he started calling me the b word, he told me to get out, he told me it’s 100% over and to prove that I’m gonna bring another girl to this house and I became really upset with these words, so as he was trying to leave I was trying to stop him because he kept saying words as he was walking off. Eventually after about 10 mins the ambulance came but I didn’t follow him to the hospital nor did I call to check up on him the day after .. I left the house because before he got in the ambulance we had a little physical fight so I then became very angry and left. He is now REALLY upset with me (which he was every right to be) and he doesn’t want to be with me anymore but he is the love of my life. Usually I’m there for him anytime he needs me but this situation I let my emotions take over me which was bad. How do I show him that I’m truly sorry and that I am willing to do ANYTHING to make it work and that I would NEVER make this kind of mistake again!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
RIP English.How old are you?
Every time I see someone say they did a bad thing it just reminds me of Peep Show.

In what context did you send love heart emojis
Reply 4
You didn't do anything wrong, sending heart emojis shouldn't be an issue and just shows how immature and insecure he is. He manipulated you to make you feel bad, you have every right to be mad at him.
Is his hand okay? 🤔
Reply 6
Original post by Dunya
Is his hand okay? 🤔

He had to get stitches
Reply 7
Original post by Amon-ster
In what context did you send love heart emojis

My friend said happy birthday and I said “thank youuuu❤️❤️“ that’s it
Reply 8
your boyfriend freaked out, became physically violent and ended up in hospital because you sent heart emojis. your only mistake here is trying to keep your relationship. why do you think you deserve to be treated that way? why are you not afraid for your safety?
Reply 9
Original post by muf_mur
RIP English.How old are you?

Wth ur boyfriend is mad hun u didn't do anything wrong sending someone love emoji is nothing wrong don't say sorry to ur bf he the one u should say sorry to u.
You did nothing wrong. He hurt himself. It wasn't your fault.

Someone like that doesn't sound safe to date. You'd be better off staying away from him.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Joleee
your boyfriend freaked out, became physically violent and ended up in hospital because you sent heart emojis. your only mistake here is trying to keep your relationship. why do you think you deserve to be treated that way? why are you not afraid for your safety?

He is my first true love and I’ve been raised up in a way that even if you and your partner are in the worse place, when it comes to things like going to the hospital etc you should always put your pride down and just go with them. I have very bad anemia and I faint a lot and since being with him I’ve fainted twice whilst arguing but he always helped me even if he was super annoyed and I didn’t return the favour .. I feel horrible and he was genuinely a really good guy it’s just when he’s mad he gets really mad uno?
That is highly manipulative and toxic behaviour. Leave him ASAP.
Original post by Amnz_02
Wth ur boyfriend is mad hun u didn't do anything wrong sending someone love emoji is nothing wrong don't say sorry to ur bf he the one u should say sorry to u.

The only reason why I feel guilty is because a month or two before that, we did discuss that we didn’t feel comfortable with the sending emoji thing it comes across as too friendly, which I agreed on but because it was my birthday and I was receiving so many lovely messages, I’m naturally a loving and caring person so I was sending love hearts not to be flirty but just to be nice back.. why am I blaming myself for all of this? Is it because I love him?
Original post by sinfonietta
You did nothing wrong. He hurt himself. It wasn't your fault.

Someone like that doesn't sound safe to date. You'd be better off staying away from him.

I feel terrible though .. why is that?
Original post by Anonymous
My friend said happy birthday and I said “thank youuuu❤️❤️“ that’s it

I think he over reacted then
The only reason why I feel guilty is because a month or two before that, we did discuss that we didn’t feel comfortable with the sending emoji thing it comes across as too friendly, which I agreed on but because it was my birthday and I was receiving so many lovely messages, I’m naturally a loving and caring person so I was sending love hearts not to be flirty but just to be nice back.. why am I blaming myself for all of this? Is it because I love him?

go check up on him and try explaining yourself
All i saw was physical fight and punched mirror and called you a ***** for sending heart emojis. 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

The reason u feel guilty is cuz u love him and u want him back my advise to u is do not blame urself it's not ur fault it's his he the one who should be understanding like he not a kid he is a men and tbh with u he looks like a dangerous person

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending