The Student Room Group

Don't get out there and vote. Get out there and protest.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ColinDent
Yes I noted that the figures were downgraded from hundreds of thousands to thousands.

You can see with your eyes. If it was like HK then yes it'd be something. This is nothing thankfully
Original post by Marbs88
The people voted to leave the EU. Are you denying us of our democracy?

Just like you remainers are denying the leavers. Hypocrisy
Reply 42
Original post by SMEGGGY
Just like you remainers are denying the leavers. Hypocrisy

Er I voted leave. I am not a remainer
Original post by Marbs88
Er I voted leave. I am not a remainer

I was the opposite but believe in democracy.
Reply 44
Original post by SMEGGGY
I was the opposite but believe in democracy.

Good on you
Reply 45
I wonder if this level of salt can be weaponised because there sure is a lot of it
Original post by esralled
I wonder if this level of salt can be weaponised because there sure is a lot of it

Increases blood pressure does salt, avoid at all.costs
You could make the same argument about every vote that has ever been held, indeed remainers could be accused of just listening to the likes of Osborne and reading the Guardian, it doesn't make the result any less valid though.

That's true but give me a specific example where Osborne has publicly lied about something he knew to be untrue, in order to obtain more power?
Original post by hehwhat
That's true but give me a specific example where Osborne has publicly lied about something he knew to be untrue, in order to obtain more power?

Everything he said in the run up to the referendum.
I'll quantify that by saying that he knew what he was saying was the apocalyptic, absolute worst case scenario, but did not state that.
(edited 4 years ago)
I'll quantify that by saying that he knew what he was saying was the apocalyptic, absolute worst case scenario, but did not state that.

That may be true, but give me a specific example of the 'apocalyptic, absolute worst case scenario' things he said - and tell me how it's not true. Because a lot of what was branded 'project fear' is looking awfully like reality.
Original post by hehwhat
That may be true, but give me a specific example of the 'apocalyptic, absolute worst case scenario' things he said - and tell me how it's not true. Because a lot of what was branded 'project fear' is looking awfully like reality.

It will cost every household £4000 odd, any forecast for what was 14 years in the future, we would immediately go into recession if we voted to leave, you know that kind of stuff.
How dare the public collectively call for another vote and protest the shutdown of parliament - that's completely against democracy.
Original post by SMEGGGY
A drop in the ocean. This mini protests mean nothing. We shall leave on the 31st of October without a deal.

Long live the Queen!

The Queen is against Brexit. Being for Brexit is therefore an act of treason against the British head of state.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
The Queen is against Brexit. Being for Brexit is therefore an act of treason against the British head of state.

So?
Original post by hehwhat

The punishment budget..
Reply 55

That doesnt make it a lie... on the other hand telling people that brexit will result in streets paved with gold manifestly was (as theyve all admitted now) never mind that disgraceful lie about the NHS.
Either way point being a lie generally has to have an intention to deceive. Project fear, whilst dubious hasnt been proven wrong yet... hell if anything its slowly coming true piece by piece.
What’s ur snap?
Original post by Napp
That doesnt make it a lie... on the other hand telling people that brexit will result in streets paved with gold manifestly was (as theyve all admitted now) never mind that disgraceful lie about the NHS.
Either way point being a lie generally has to have an intention to deceive. Project fear, whilst dubious hasnt been proven wrong yet... hell if anything its slowly coming true piece by piece.

What would you call willful deceit of the public then?
Oh and please don't embarrass yourself with the whole NHS bus thing as the only people that seemed to be confused by that were fervent remainers, oh wait a minute!
Reply 58
What would you call willful deceit of the public then?
Oh and please don't embarrass yourself with the whole NHS bus thing as the only people that seemed to be confused by that were fervent remainers, oh wait a minute!

I just said?
Is the best you can do really sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting lalala? It was the definition of a lie whether or not you like it 😂
Original post by Napp
I just said?
Is the best you can do really sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting lalala? It was the definition of a lie whether or not you like it 😂

Yes and whether you like it or not that is exactly what George Osborne did 🤣🤣🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending