The Student Room Group

what to do if im alone at lunch? I feel so embarrased

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bang Outta Order
as an adult i eat alone at like lunch hour cos that's MY time. i HATE when coworkers come in and start CHATTING. like ***** i seen you ALL DAY can u **** off pls. i just ignore em haha. i also eat for a quick bite alone between errands at chippies. :yy:

This, If I'm already sitting for most of the day with these people, i'm going to want my break as, well, a break. From them.

People vary I suppose, i;m an only child so used to enjoying my own company, and there's generally the knowledge i can go and talk to people if I really want to.
Original post by StriderHort
This, If I'm already sitting for most of the day with these people, i'm going to want my break as, well, a break. From them.

People vary I suppose, i;m an only child so used to enjoying my own company, and there's generally the knowledge i can go and talk to people if I really want to.

lmfao "these people"..

i cant fathom ...eating lunch in or out off the workplace with people you see all the time??? my break is my time to catch up on phone calls from ppl who i actually like/love lol. No, Michelle and Danny, I dont wanna go to Subway with you piss off :toofunny:and no Mrs. Matthews, dont talk to me about whats on the employee lounge telly ffs.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you but I’m really praying it gets better

If not - join lunchtime CCAs/clubs! That way you're bound to meet people with similar interests :smile:
Original post by confuzzledteen
If not - join lunchtime CCAs/clubs! That way you're bound to meet people with similar interests :smile:

Hmm thing is im not too pationate about stuff like that, ill maybe try football or something, But if you read my paragraph on the first page you will understand my situation. If anyone could help out would be greatly appreciated First day wasn't great was just walking around alone
bump
I go to a school where I'm new and I just sit with a group of people I don't even. If they start taking about something I find interesting, I join in. A lot of the time, I sit alone as well, I find it to be better because Im not forced to make conversation
Original post by lhabgabdgbfa
I go to a school where I'm new and I just sit with a group of people I don't even. If they start taking about something I find interesting, I join in. A lot of the time, I sit alone as well, I find it to be better because Im not forced to make conversation

Don't you feel embarrased everyone is together and your are alone ?
Original post by Quiet Benin
Are you a person with Special needs or a disability? if you are, it will be impossible for you to make friends. Do you have friends outside of education? again if you don't have friends at all, then i doubt u will make friends. From experience i know, as i'm living a lonely life and it making me ultra manic.

If your a normal human being, don't be worried, things take time :smile:

Disabled people can definitely make friends OMFG stop being so pessimistic! Try harder, life has its obstacles and u just have to overcome them.
Why have 2 separate people felt the need to mention that they are good-looking😂

LOL mb. im trying to say that even if ur good-looking you arent always surrounded by ppl. thats what i've heard many times.

ps i doubt im even good-looking. all about preference tbh
LOL mb. im trying to say that even if ur good-looking you arent always surrounded by ppl. thats what i've heard many times.

do you struggle to get friends?

Nice man your fit your preferences
do you struggle to get friends?

only third day tbh, but kinda only have secondary friends atm. life sucks every already has mates and i cba to go to random ppl and ask to 'b my friend'.
only third day tbh, but kinda only have secondary friends atm. life sucks every already has mates and i cba to go to random ppl and ask to 'b my friend'.

alteast you got any friends, I joined and I don't know anyone
Reply 33
as above

Unless you want company during lunch you should feel content with yourself, you have all of that spare time during lunch to do whatever you want by yourself. Sometimes a moment to yourself and doing some revision might help! Just a rec haha

Man haha,I remember when I was worried about friends in college,Then exams came....
It might seem important now but in a year it wont. Don't worry about it just keep on doing what you have to do
Original post by kattack
Unless you want company during lunch you should feel content with yourself, you have all of that spare time during lunch to do whatever you want by yourself. Sometimes a moment to yourself and doing some revision might help! Just a rec haha

I mean loads of people gathered around in big groups from 5-10 people having fun and I by myself revising? no
Man haha,I remember when I was worried about friends in college,Then exams came....
It might seem important now but in a year it wont. Don't worry about it just keep on doing what you have to do

How did you survive a year just by yourself , did u not even have one friend

rather have no friends than my secondary ones here. one of them is so annoying(same last years) feel like ripping him a new 1.

it sucks tbh, i just go to the library and finish work, nobody gonna judge u then
just go on ur phone, listen to music ect. download movies at home and watch them at school/tv series.

also are u a girl or boy
rather have no friends than my secondary ones here. one of them is so annoying(same last years) feel like ripping him a new 1.

it sucks tbh, i just go to the library and finish work, nobody gonna judge u then
just go on ur phone, listen to music ect. download movies at home and watch them at school/tv series.

also are u a girl or boy

Oh really ? did that work out okay for you in the library every day? did you enjoy it ? I have a big big gap tomorrow, nearly 4 hours, did you have anything of that sort? I am a boy also
I mean loads of people gathered around in big groups from 5-10 people having fun and I by myself revising? no

LOL. one thing that helps me is. if something mbarrassing happens thing about it from ur perspective.

e.g my photo on my badge(to sign in) is also on register. its super ugly and it was taken wrong, teacher clicked on profile and eit showd in class.
nice first impression! every1 laughed, big deal. if that happened to a student in my class i'd laugh about it for a second then forget after 5 mins MAX. nobody cares enough for long than a miute. they judge quickly and move on. they might think 'lol rip that girls lonely on her own' then 2 secs later shes talking to her friend and next time if u ever meet shes never gonna remember that thought.

idk if that made sense

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending