The Student Room Group

what to do if im alone at lunch? I feel so embarrased

Scroll to see replies

Is it possible to change your timetable? has anyone asked about this? Who should I go to
Literally the same for me. I’m a good looking guy and I’ve got a girlfriend who doesn’t go to my college but I’ve come to a college which isn’t local to me, and where none of the people who went to my school came to, hence I’m alone too. I’ve struggled w this and chat w my girlfriend on the phone while we’re both on our frees but a lot of the time I’m on my own so it kinda sucks.

It’s hard to ‘get yourself out there’ tbh. Everyone has their friend groups and you’re pretty much on your own, give it a week or two and see if you can vibe w your classmates as that’s what I’m gonna do. And trust me, I’m not the most quietest person out there nor am I the loudest, for me to be a loner rn is pretty sh*t but it is what it is lol.

I’m gonna give it a week myself and try and see what I can do, feeling pretty deflated myself at the college so uno we’re in the same position.
Original post by Anonymous
Literally the same for me. I’m a good looking guy and I’ve got a girlfriend who doesn’t go to my college but I’ve come to a college which isn’t local to me, and where none of the people who went to my school came to, hence I’m alone too. I’ve struggled w this and chat w my girlfriend on the phone while we’re both on our frees but a lot of the time I’m on my own so it kinda sucks.

It’s hard to ‘get yourself out there’ tbh. Everyone has their friend groups and you’re pretty much on your own, give it a week or two and see if you can vibe w your classmates as that’s what I’m gonna do. And trust me, I’m not the most quietest person out there nor am I the loudest, for me to be a loner rn is pretty sh*t but it is what it is lol.

I’m gonna give it a week myself and try and see what I can do, feeling pretty deflated myself at the college so uno we’re in the same position.

Woah it feels like I wrote this, we are in the exact same situation. mind if you contact/pm me and we keep eachother updated on what were doing ? if you want
I usually went to the library or I went to the music room to play music....Is this sixth form you just started today? All spaced out and keeping you 9 to 5 is unusual. We only had one teacher for English who insisted on doing our double lesson from 3.30 to 5pm each Wednesday, but apart from that we were just school hours till 3.30 latest the other days.
Go for a wander, that's what I do.

We're literally flooded with good-looking guys on this thread, sorry but have never heard the likes of this self-aggrandisation...What difference does it make for this topic? As far as I'm concerned, some girls think I'm "good looking", and some don't even think I'm attractive or good looking. So it's been said about me by some people that I'm good looking, but I don't go round stating it as fact.
Original post by Paul1990s
I usually went to the library or I went to the music room to play music....Is this sixth form you just started today? All spaced out and keeping you 9 to 5 is unusual. We only had one teacher for English who insisted on doing our double lesson from 3.30 to 5pm each Wednesday, but apart from that we were just school hours till 3.30 latest the other days.

college, and yeah have had two days, on one day I only have one lesson - makes it seem so weird they stretch me out 2 lessons for a whole day, I am going to contact student office
Reply 67
Woah it feels like I wrote this, we are in the exact same situation. mind if you contact/pm me and we keep eachother updated on what were doing ? if you want

Uhhhh the anon was me btw, just pm me yeah. Using the app so it’s a bit confusing lol.
Are you one of the good looking guys? Well done on that & letting us all know that important info :wink:
as above

Hope you have had lots of good advice.
1. Make friends.
2. When you know someone then make the jump and follow them to lunch or ask if you can sit with them. You dont say what your situation is. Happens in the workplace as well until you get to know people.
3. Enjoy your food, take a book or some music, act like you arent bothered (you shouldnt be), go off to the library etc.
4. If you want to make friends, then its usuall outside the dining room and when you do make the effort, then you can sit with them.

If its uni make the effort to make friends even if its small talk.
Reply 70
Original post by Paul1990s
Are you one of the good looking guys? Well done on that & letting us all know that important info :wink:

It’s for context mate, I’ve got a girlfriend and I’d say I’m reasonable looking for a 16 year old, didn’t claim it was a fact.
I think it’s not hard to make friends eventually with the guys in your classes but they’ll not always be around
Don't you feel embarrased everyone is together and your are alone ?

nah
Original post by MissIqbal
shall we all just make a sc group so we can talk during our frees?or just talk when we're at home? I'm up for it lol

rah might acc be down ngl. tbh should've asked this last week lol, might just leave n play basketball
Is it possible to change your timetable? has anyone asked about this? Who should I go to

dont think so. if u change the time of ur subject(you cant anyway) then its gonna affect ur teachers timetable and everythings gonna get f***ed up. if u have any secondary mates check their timetable and hang out when ur both free.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending