The Student Room Group

I won the lottery, i am 18 YEARS OLD and i have a muslim family

so, uhm dont ask where i live or the amount i own, but i really won a big amount of money that can change my life, familys life, my kids, kids life lol i dont have kids.

I have been manifesting it for WEEKS, i literally believed i will win it and i did but anyways, even though i did a lot of plannings and thoughts with what i will do, now i am lost, i am afraid to to claim the prize and i am afraid of getting disowned and alone. I mean i need my family to help me invest this money and stuff, i am just 18 too, with 0 experience.

Idk how to explain myself, when i was playing the lottery, i asked my family if they would like to try the lottery once in life, i asked it as a joke but they all agreed its A HARAM money.

so they might tell me to **** off, never claim the prize, donate it to the charities or they might like the idea of money and just accept the money?

What in the world do i do with myself now? i am happy i won the lottery dont get me wrong, i just want everything to go smooth. And the reason i played wasnt for only ME it was for my whole family especially for my dear mum.

Scroll to see replies

You imagined yourself winning the lottery so you did?
Reply 2
Original post by FingersXed84
You imagined yourself winning the lottery so you did?

Yes, i swear everything i imagined and believed in happened
Reply 3
I'll take it :wink:
Reply 4
Donate it to me ?
give it to charity bro, even if you do claim it, you'll get punished for it in the afterlife
Original post by aitch20
give it to charity bro, even if you do claim it, you'll get punished for it in the afterlife

It's lucky that there is no afterlife then.
Original post by RogerOxon
It's lucky that there is no afterlife then.

there may be, there may not be. we don't know but i respect your opinion
Reply 8
you're 18, they can't legally touch your money. if you're at risk of being disowned for winning money though i'd gtfo anyway, sounds like a pretty toxic environment
idk give it to charity?

i know a couple local ones if you want me to pass it on to them. i'll pm u my paypal
Reply 10
Original post by aitch20

I dont want to give it ALL to the charity, bro its the chance of my life, i wont this time i dont think i will ever get a chance like this, i dont believe god will punish me for such a GOOD thing.
if you are a practicing Muslim then it's best to donate most if not all as it's 'haram' money and if (again) you don't mind about that thennnnnn claim it. Idk, ease your parents into it to show them you've done it like Ramadan, call Islam Channel or summat on x amount and then explain where it came from. Doubt it'd work but hey, let's hope there's a better answer :smile:
I am a Muslim and if this happened to me I would just hide it and learn how to invest. Go to a bank and ask for advice.
Original post by belizzzzz
I dont want to give it ALL to the charity, bro its the chance of my life, i wont this time i dont think i will ever get a chance like this, i dont believe god will punish me for such a GOOD thing.

lmao, this is a hard dilemma but just keep your intentions right
Original post by MissIqbal
I am a Muslim and if this happened to me I would just hide it and learn how to invest. Go to a bank and ask for advice.

this is the best idea @belizzzzz
i am afraid to to claim the prize and i am afraid of getting disowned and alone. I mean i need my family to help me invest this money and stuff, i am just 18 too, with 0 experience.

You need to decide if you are comfortable claiming the money. In an ideal world, you would be able to talk to your family about this. I would suggest that you claim the money, but don't say anything about it. The lottery will put you in-touch with professional investment advisors, who should give better advice than your family. Continue to live modestly and donate whatever you want, from income, whilst you decide how to proceed. If you don't claim it, you don't get to decide which charities get money, or to secure your future.
Reply 16
Original post by Drewski
I'll take it :wink:

Original post by Fwd
Donate it to me ?

Lol :tongue:
Claim the money, give some to your family and go do your own thing. If you were willing to play in the first place, you might as well use the money to make your life better rather than worrying
Original post by aitch20
there may be, there may not be. we don't know but i respect your opinion

There is zero evidence for it, and some against. Did you know that an invisible unicorn is following you?
Reply 19
so, uhm dont ask where i live or the amount i own, but i really won a big amount of money that can change my life, familys life, my kids, kids life lol i dont have kids.

I have been manifesting it for WEEKS, i literally believed i will win it and i did but anyways, even though i did a lot of plannings and thoughts with what i will do, now i am lost, i am afraid to to claim the prize and i am afraid of getting disowned and alone. I mean i need my family to help me invest this money and stuff, i am just 18 too, with 0 experience.

Idk how to explain myself, when i was playing the lottery, i asked my family if they would like to try the lottery once in life, i asked it as a joke but they all agreed its A HARAM money.

so they might tell me to **** off, never claim the prize, donate it to the charities or they might like the idea of money and just accept the money?

What in the world do i do with myself now? i am happy i won the lottery dont get me wrong, i just want everything to go smooth. And the reason i played wasnt for only ME it was for my whole family especially for my dear mum.

Well maybe with that money when you decide to work and your income is good then give to charity and people in need?

Latest

Trending

Trending