The Student Room Group

Transferring to Lancaster

I am currently studying a multi faceted accounting course at the university of York. However, due to the simple fact that it is missing a significant amount of accounting accreditation, I am seriously considering a transfer to Lancaster university. Based on my current grades and course, would this transfer be possible?
Original post by 00pppp
I am currently studying a multi faceted accounting course at the university of York. However, due to the simple fact that it is missing a significant amount of accounting accreditation, I am seriously considering a transfer to Lancaster university. Based on my current grades and course, would this transfer be possible?

Hello,
Transferring can be tricky but not impossible, get in touch with someone at accounting admissions asap to see what you can do: [email protected]. Make sure you let them know exactly what course you're in, what year, which modules you've studied and your grades!
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions,
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello,
Transferring can be tricky but not impossible, get in touch with someone at accounting admissions asap to see what you can do: [email protected]. Make sure you let them know exactly what course you're in, what year, which modules you've studied and your grades!
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions,
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Thank you for your response Charlotte. Would a first year transfer be possible?
Original post by 00pppp

How can Charlotte possibly say when you haven't even told us anything about your grades? The best thing is to email Admissions and give them all your information, as Charlotte suggested
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
How can Charlotte possibly say when you haven't even told us anything about your grades? The best thing is to email Admissions and give them all your information, as Charlotte suggested

You're right. I'm waiting for their response now.
Original post by 00pppp

I only know one person who's transferred personally but they had to reapply through UCAS and then join in second year. It might be hard to transfer midway through a year but like I said it's best to get an answer from the experts!
Hopefully it all works out, it just might involve taking a bit of a gap year
Reply 6
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
I only know one person who's transferred personally but they had to reapply through UCAS and then join in second year. It might be hard to transfer midway through a year but like I said it's best to get an answer from the experts!
Hopefully it all works out, it just might involve taking a bit of a gap year

Fair enough. Hopefully it all works out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending