The Student Room Group

How do I go gym before 16?

I am 14 in decent shape as I am athletic but want to grow muscle and that jaw dropping body shape.
You should check with your your gym and see if they allow you to use the equipment as some will only let you do cardio while others allow more but you could also lie about your age as most gyms dont really care and I even know a few people who started early bye saying they were 16
what gym did they go to?
I heard only leisure centres allow u to go before 16
Whats the "jaw dropping body shape" :K:
what gym lets you go at 12??????
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Whats the "jaw dropping body shape" :K:

idk nice abs. pecs, good biceps, v cut lines etc
Original post by anonymous7860
idk nice abs. pecs, good biceps, v cut lines etc

You're still young, if I were you I'd wait till I'm like 16/17 to do intense excercises!
tbh I am desperate to start now, knowing me ill procrastinate when older.
what gym did they go to?
I heard only leisure centres allow u to go before 16

NRG
Reply 9
I wanted to get fit at young age but my doctor and mom told me that it’s not healthy to do weights so early in puberty, as it can affect growth and development.
Original post by Seni007
I wanted to get fit at young age but my doctor and mom told me that it’s not healthy to do weights so early in puberty, as it can affect growth and development.

Theres no actual evidence for this it's just a common misconception because people who start young have a higher chance of injuring themselves as there less responsible and less durable.
Original post by projectskban
Theres no actual evidence for this it's just a common misconception because people who start young have a higher chance of injuring themselves as there less responsible and less durable.

Like idk, I'm no professional, but a sports injury this young is not good. And even though there is no evidence there is a correlation, (correlation does not mean causation but id rather prevent it than cure it)
Also, you don't have to go weight lifting o get fit.
My gym let's people from 14 join, and use any cardio or resistance machines, they're just not technically allowed to use free weights until 16 but a lot do anyway
You could **** your bones At that age, they’re still growing. You’ll end up looking odd.
At your age, you need to exercise caution in the gym, as your body is still growing and you can cause bone damage and there will be unpleasant consequences. You are definitely not worth doing weightlifting. In any case, I advise you to find a coach who understands this. He will be able to tell you a suitable and safe training.
I am 14 in decent shape as I am athletic but want to grow muscle and that jaw dropping body shape.

You can always exercise at home, All you need is DBs and a flat surface to lie on Tbh... Do different ab exercises to target different muscles and make sure nutrition is on point.. Sorted Lad.
If you don’t need ID then lie about your age, hope you look old enough

Quick Reply

Latest