“Children of single mothers are ill raised, aggressive and ignorant”

Scroll to see replies

Lock him up.
Original post by DopemAN877
Yes they are,having a single parent is very bad for children

There is a difference but it appears to be slight:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-47057787
Original post by ByEeek
In politics accurancy counts for nothing as Trump has shown to great effect. Corbyn is promising to solve everything but will not get in because he is unconvincing. Boris could promise to make us all millionaires and some people would believe him.

Still counts for a little here.

He can easily point to studies which show that kids of single parent households end up worse off, so doesn't need to justify the point any further.

Won't stop the frothing at the mouth that some will have regardless, and won't alter the fact he's still a tw@. But it's enough for him to move on to the next point.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
It was a normal historical view to be fair. Attlee's view of unmarried mothers was that they were feckless and in modern parlance essentially sluts. They were actually essentially excluded from the benefits system.

Of course. Because if you are going to blame anyone for the ills of society you are going to choose the weak and the powerless... like single mums and immigrants.
Original post by Drewski
The thing that'll really piss you off though is that the bold bit is right.

Kids from single parent households do tend to, on average, be more likely to become that type of kid.

Do all? Of course not.
But is it a politically accurate statement? Accurate enough that numbers will back him up.

True, but seemingly only marginally

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-47057787

A 5% difference doesn’t warrant this amount of prejudice when single mothers have done a perfectly good job in the past: eg the war years
Anecdotally Im from a single parent household and I got some of the best GCSE results in my school year. It’s about relationships and money of the parents, not whether there’s one parent or two
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
Because normal people appreciate that just because you said something once 25 years ago that it didn't necessarily mean you still believe that same thing years later?

25 years ago I said that all I ever wanted to do was eat jelly and become a fireman. Guess what? I eat other foods now and I'm not in the fire service...

i love how people have this attitude towards Boris Johnson (despite saying bigoted things recently/frequently) but attack Corbyn for things he said/did decades ago
Original post by Wired_1800
Lock him up.

What for?
Original post by bubblecat
i love how people have this attitude towards Boris Johnson (despite saying bigoted things recently/frequently) but attack Corbyn for things he said/did decades ago

And yet, the same people who say "oh, don't have a go at Corbyn for the things he did ages ago" are digging things up on other politicians...

You can't have it both ways.

I personally don't care either way; I think they're both idiots. But they're both guilty of hypocrisy.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
And yet, the same people who say "oh, don't have a go at Corbyn for the things he did ages ago" are digging things up on other politicians...

You can't have it both ways.

I personally don't care either way; I think they're both idiots. But they're both guilty of hypocrisy.

just cos some dig up on Johnson doesn’t mean the majority do. there’s enough ammunition from the last decade on him. it’s not the same when almost the entirety of the press do that to Corbyn.
Original post by bubblecat
just cos some dig up on Johnson doesn’t mean the majority do. there’s enough ammunition from the last decade on him. it’s not the same when almost the entirety of the press do that to Corbyn.

Of course it's the same :rolleyes:

Both sides are just as bad as each other, don't kid yourself.
Original post by Reality Check
What for?

For such vicious attacks on women esp single mothers who are working hard to make ends meet. He made such crass statements about a topic he probably did not understand.
For such vicious attacks on women esp single mothers who are working hard to make ends meet. He made such crass statements about a topic he probably did not understand.

What law does that break?
Single mothers don’t always have the kid out of wedlock they often become single through divorce etc....

Being crass is hardly a reason to 'lock someone up'.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Single mothers don’t always have the kid out of wedlock they often become single through divorce etc....

Or because of domestic violence
Lock him up.

A little bit extreme but the man is undoubtedly an ass
That is fair. I hope women can protest during the election by voting for Labour.
Original post by Reality Check
Being crass is hardly a reason to 'lock someone up'.

For Johnson, it is a good reason.
Original post by Drewski
What law does that break?

Don't know. Mental health abuse?
Original post by Rakas21
It was a normal historical view to be fair. Attlee's view of unmarried mothers was that they were feckless and in modern parlance essentially sluts. They were actually essentially excluded from the benefits system.

That's actually a fair view when put like that although I would add that the states enforcement of progressive liberalism combined with the legal culture has also substantially weakened discipline and resulted in 'violent youths'.

Relative to what? The behaviour of children in the past? I would argue today’s youth are better behaved; numerous measures have shown today’s youth are having less sex and doing less illegal drugs

A 5% difference between children of single mothers and children of two parents hardly warrants the amount of vitriol single mothers receive either; when they did a good enough job during the war years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending