The Student Room Group

Just been offered an unconditional place at Roehampton Uni - what’s it like there?

I’m going to be studying business and entrepreneurship. Still waiting to hear from my other choices but would like to know more about the uni and the business courses. Any Roehampton students or postgrads recommend it? Thanks!!
Same! got an unconditional offer for business management.
Original post by bilalmahrez25
Same! got an unconditional offer for business management.

Nice one! Do you think it’ll be one of your final choices?
Personally I'd avoid Roehampton, too many friends studying there have been the victim of brutal muggings.
The campus is beautiful but the local area has a terrible problem with violent criminals, illegal drugs and antisocial behaviour.
Roehampton Uni lecturers need to start being honest about how dangerous the area is.

I don't want to alarm you but the violent crime is absolutely terrible.
15 friends experienced extreme violence in Roehampton; either mugged, attacked by a criminal with an illegal weapon or beaten up trying to rescue someone else mugged/attacked.
Reply 4
dont go there
Original post by londonmyst
Personally I'd avoid Roehampton, too many friends studying there have been the victim of brutal muggings.
The campus is beautiful but the local area has a terrible problem with violent criminals, illegal drugs and antisocial behaviour.
Roehampton Uni lecturers need to start being honest about how dangerous the area is.

15 friends experienced extreme violence in Roehampton; either mugged, attacked by a criminal with an illegal weapon or beaten up trying to rescue someone else mugged/attacked.

Really? Surely this is an exaggeration. You know 15 people studying at one uni and they’ve all been mugged and attacked? I’ll take this into consideration but not gonna be put off entirely on this basis, thanks
Original post by 7hxnusan
dont go there

Why not?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JimmyLacoste
Really? Surely this is an exaggeration. You know 15 people studying at one uni and they’ve all been mugged and attacked? I’ll take this into consideration but not gonna be put off entirely on this basis, thanks

No exaggerations, I try to warn all students planning to study at Roehampton Uni or live in the local area.
It's not the worst place in London, when I lived in Shadwell it was far more dangerous.
But my friend's father did his postgrad at Roehampton; he's a 6'4 professional boxer and spent 11 days in hospital after getting mugged at knifepoint on Roehampton High Street.

Here are a few other threads I've contributed to about Roehampton this year:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6081434#post84788066
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5815846#post81983876
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6194544#post85678710
Nice one! Do you think it’ll be one of your final choices?

I'm waiting à response from Kingston, if it's unconditional I may consider kingston otherwise I just take Roehampton (it's close to home)
Original post by londonmyst

This comment is actually familiar to me, I saw the exact same one from on other discussion on roehampton. I feel you just copy past it. May be what you say is right but I feel you just aim to shock potentiel applicants make them avoid this university through exagerations. It's true that it's not best area in London but absolutely not the worst. I am sure that if you arrive 30min before the lesson and go back home before 5pm (if you are living with your parents) I am sure you reduce massively the changes of getting into trouble.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by bilalmahrez25
This comment is actually familiar to me, I saw the exact same one from on other discussion on roehampton. I feel you just copy past it. May be what you say is right but I feel you just aim to shock potentiel applicants make them avoid this university through exagerations. It's true that it's not best area in London but absolutely not the worst. I am sure that if you arrive 30min before the lesson and go back home before 5pm (if you are living with your parents) I am sure you reduce massively the changes of getting into trouble.

I wish you good luck if you are going to study at Roehampton Uni or are living in the area.
Only thing I copy and paste are links, I type out all my TSR posts.

My friend's father was attacked at 2pm in the afternoon by a knife wielding criminal in Roehampton High Street- stabbed after he had handed over all his cash and watch.
I agree Roehampton is not the most dangerous area in London, living in Shadwell was a far worse experience for me.
Bro theyre exaggerating. Its a nice uni and most the time tou spent on the campus anyway. Good luck to you
Original post by thomasp360
Bro theyre exaggerating. Its a nice uni and most the time tou spent on the campus anyway. Good luck to you

I thought so, thank you, good luck to you too!
I thought so, thank you, good luck to you too!

Theyre not wrong tho. Some areas near the uni (Like the estate nearby) can be rough, but there is no reason anyway to go into the estate because all classes and shops are away from it. Good luck with whichever you choose, but id deffo recommend roey for uni life
Original post by thomasp360
Theyre not wrong tho. Some areas near the uni (Like the estate nearby) can be rough, but there is no reason anyway to go into the estate because all classes and shops are away from it. Good luck with whichever you choose, but id deffo recommend roey for uni life

Aa
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending