The Student Room Group

How many boring people are out there? (Like me)

Is there anyone out there who has never (and I mean never) had any alcohol or smoked anything (once again, anything)?

While my parents are glad, they do find it a bit odd, and my friends....well they find it rather hilarious..
I’ve never drank alcohol or smoked, but I like to think I’m far from boring lmao. There’s many other ways you can have fun
Reply 2
Original post by OR321
I’ve never drank alcohol or smoked, but I like to think I’m far from boring lmao. There’s many other ways you can have fun

I have actually found it makes me interesting to other people my age. Was in an airport and got talking to two girls who also happened to be from the UK and they found it very interesting...

But my idea of fun is reading and exercising... so that is why I added in the boring part.
I'm a bit of a boring **** too. It happens.
I'll say roughly 68% of the world's population. Although it has dropped, compared to past year's.
Original post by Anonymous
I have actually found it makes me interesting to other people my age. Was in an airport and got talking to two girls who also happened to be from the UK and they found it very interesting...

But my idea of fun is reading and exercising... so that is why I added in the boring part.

Ahhh okay. Don’t worry, for fun I literally do the most cliche things with friends like go bowling/cinemas etc. But my main happiness comes from watching Netflix by myself at home 😌
Reply 6
i've never drunk or smoked, but there are dozens of better, (dare i say funner?) ways of having fun. call me boring, i just call myself different!
Is there anyone out there who has never (and I mean never) had any alcohol or smoked anything (once again, anything)?

While my parents are glad, they do find it a bit odd, and my friends....well they find it rather hilarious..

I’ve never drank or smoke, but that’s mostly because of my religion. Not drinking and smoking doesn’t mean you’re boring though
(edited 4 years ago)

The vast majority of muslims will have never had any alcohol and most people with any sense won't have smoked. You are not as alone as you think.
Reply 9
hey, i also never began drinking because of my religion, but it's not that it's prohibitted, it just isn't a thing people in my community would do. there are plenty of fun, interesting people in my community, despite nobody smoking or drinking. i just don't drink because i have sense- i am the last person to succumb to social pressures.
At least you have a choice.
Nothing worse than a child not doing any of those things because there parents are helicopter parents.
Depends if you define being sensible as boring I suppose?
Yes. I have never smoked or had alcohol. There is a lot of people who haven’t.
Reply 13
if your parents are helicopter parents, there is a time and place to set yourself free, and that does not begin with things that can easily get out of hand, eg. drinking, smoking, etc. because those kinds of things can get way out of boundaries and land you an addiction on top of it all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending