The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster university acceptance?

Is anyone still waiting on a response from Lancaster uni, especially for theoretical physics? I sent out my application maybe between late November and early December, and it's 2020 and still no response. I even sent them an email and they replied saying they usually decide within 3 weeks of sending the application, but during the peak periods heaps and heaps of students are comin' in to apply....the delay is inevitable. But I don't really buy it. By now I should have gotten my application...
If you only sent your application in at the start of December, then you're only really at the end of the 3 week period when you take into account Christmas and New Year.

Original post by Be-LEAVER_101
But I don't really buy it. By now I should have gotten my application...

No one is out to get you, no one cares enough for there to be some big conspiracy about whether or not you get an offer.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
My Daughter applied 4th of October (phys, particle phys and cosmology) it took just over 3 weeks to come back to ask to come for an interview.
Because its christmas (and uni hols periods are longer than college/schools) I would give them a few more days. Im sure they will get back to you :smile:
Is anyone still waiting on a response from Lancaster uni, especially for theoretical physics? I sent out my application maybe between late November and early December, and it's 2020 and still no response. I even sent them an email and they replied saying they usually decide within 3 weeks of sending the application, but during the peak periods heaps and heaps of students are comin' in to apply....the delay is inevitable. But I don't really buy it. By now I should have gotten my application...

I sent my application in mid-October and got a reply by the first of November, but I'm pretty sure they weren't reviewing applications over the Christmas holidays/ the admissions team weren't in during that time, so the three weeks probably doesn't include the two weeks we just had off. I wouldn't worry :smile:

Hello,
Firstly - the official UCAS deadline hasn't even passed yet! Students have been away for for weeks and term doesn't start until next Monday so it's very likely that they are still going through a large volume of applications. I know it's frustrating but if you don't hear back by March, then I'd be concerned!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello,
Firstly - the official UCAS deadline hasn't even passed yet! Students have been away for for weeks and term doesn't start until next Monday so it's very likely that they are still going through a large volume of applications. I know it's frustrating but if you don't hear back by March, then I'd be concerned!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending