The Student Room Group

Foundation year problem

Hi,

I was doing a foundation year degree to go to pharmacy although have completed 2 AS and 3 A-levels.

However why is the university am transferring to (a different course NOT pharmacy) want to see my results for the foundation year when I have the credits they need for my A-levels?

So if I failed my foundation year they’ll decline me although I have the credits for my A-level results?
Original post by the.chantele
Hi,

I was doing a foundation year degree to go to pharmacy although have completed 2 AS and 3 A-levels.

However why is the university am transferring to (a different course NOT pharmacy) want to see my results for the foundation year when I have the credits they need for my A-levels?

So if I failed my foundation year they’ll decline me although I have the credits for my A-level results?

They need to see all of your qualifications and education history. They might not take all qualifications into account but that's for them to decide.

If they make you an offer then the conditions might include something for your current foundation year but it's unlikely.
Original post by PQ
They need to see all of your qualifications and education history. They might not take all qualifications into account but that's for them to decide.

If they make you an offer then the conditions might include something for your current foundation year but it's unlikely.

It’s a weird system because I got ABB and for them to ask for my foundation year results? As if that judges my results altogether. Surely, they should accept the offer after looking at the A-level results especially when a student exceeds them because they want CCC and it’s the lowest ranking university but the only reason I applied there is because it’s close from home.
Original post by the.chantele
It’s a weird system because I got ABB and for them to ask for my foundation year results? As if that judges my results altogether. Surely, they should accept the offer after looking at the A-level results especially when a student exceeds them because they want CCC and it’s the lowest ranking university but the only reason I applied there is because it’s close from home.

You're misunderstanding the rules on UCAS (which is to declare everything) and what a university will take into account or make into an offer condition.
Original post by PQ
You're misunderstanding the rules on UCAS (which is to declare everything) and what a university will take into account or make into an offer condition.

No no I understand I have declared my results on UCAS they just wanted to see a transcript of them, I guess to prove you have the grades. Because I was confused on what the point of doing that was when UCAS has everything enlisted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending