The Student Room Group

Calorie deficit help!

Hi! I just wanted to ask a seemingly simple question.

If I eat what I want to eat and do YouTube calorie workout (for example 300 calorie workout) will I still lose weight?

So for example if I eat a chocolate bar and then do a 300 calorie workout off of yt, will I burn those calories off?

thank you.
You can do exercise and keep the same diet and lose weight however you need regular exercise to see results if you wish to carry on eating the same, also make sure you’re doing the right exercise in order to lose weight as a lot of high intensity exercise builds muscle more than losing fat
Reply 2
I do regular exercise each week (consisting mostly of muscle building), and then if I feel like I've had too much to eat or if I want something extra I do a more cardio based 'calorie loser'. Does that work? Or should I just do the calorie workout in a set regiment?
If you’re happy with your current fitness regime and health and aren’t unhappy with your weight then what you’re doing is fine to maintain it and build on muscle
Original post by Ugh654
if I feel like I've had too much to eat or if I want something extra I do a more cardio based 'calorie loser'. Does that work?

I’m also not an expert in losing calories or gaining them which is why I’m not answering this in too much detail
Reply 5
Original post by purplekoala
I’m also not an expert in losing calories or gaining them which is why I’m not answering this in too much detail

ah ok, thank you anyway!
Reply 6
Original post by purplekoala
If you’re happy with your current fitness regime and health and aren’t unhappy with your weight then what you’re doing is fine to maintain it and build on muscle

ok, I'll just have to work on it lol, cheers
Diet is more important than exercise when you want to lose weight but you will still loose weight if you’re burning more calories than you’re eating so if you don’t want to change your diet then yes you can still lose weight doing what you’re doing just keep track of your calorie intake.
Reply 8
Original post by Jess.1819
Diet is more important than exercise when you want to lose weight but you will still loose weight if you’re burning more calories than you’re eating so if you don’t want to change your diet then yes you can still lose weight doing what you’re doing just keep track of your calorie intake.

sound, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest