The Student Room Group

Is anyone applying to Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Rome) for medicine?

If so, for how long are you preparing for the entrance exam? And how are you preparing for the entrance exam?

Scroll to see replies

I am. I've been practicing the online simulator test thing. How about you?Btw, do you know if there are a lot of international students studying at the university?
Reply 2
Original post by Lailaz16_
I am. I've been practicing the online simulator test thing. How about you?Btw, do you know if there are a lot of international students studying at the university?

Hey, thanks for your reply. Does the online test simulator have questions that would appear on the test? Does the online test simulator repeat the tests (and test questions) after finishing the entire test material? How many questions (or tests) are there in total?

Can we talk over PM?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, thanks for your reply. Does the online test simulator have questions that would appear on the test? Does the online test simulator repeat the tests (and test questions) after finishing the entire test material? How many questions (or tests) are there in total?

Can we talk over PM?

Hey. I’m not sure, but I read on one of the Cattolica medicine forums that some questions from the online simulator appear on the test. Yeah sure shoot me a message on PM.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lailaz16_
Hey. I’m not sure, but I read on one of the Cattolica medicine forums that some questions from the online simulator appear on the test. Yeah sure shoot me a message on PM.

hi,
so how long after submitting the application did you get a response and the online stimulator
Reply 5
What do you guys think is the sufficient score to get in (counting the people that got in from the waiting list last year) ?
Original post by omermem
What do you guys think is the sufficient score to get in (counting the people that got in from the waiting list last year) ?

I heard that there are only 30 seats for non-eu is it true, if it is then the chances of getting in are very slim. Do you have any idea about that.
hey, so glad I found this thread! I'm an international student applying for the unviersity of cattolica. Does the test simulator only have 1 practice paper or are there multiple on there? I have it but i'm worried about pressing start as I don't want to waste the paper haha
Original post by pseudo123
hey, so glad I found this thread! I'm an international student applying for the unviersity of cattolica. Does the test simulator only have 1 practice paper or are there multiple on there? I have it but i'm worried about pressing start as I don't want to waste the paper haha

No there are numerous tests
does anyone know the pass mark/threshold for getting in or getting onto the waiting list?
There are three callings for seats so I don't think you need to worry much. If you get a rank in the top 70 then you have a good chance of getting in but that also depends on whether the students above you in ranking will accept or reject their seats. I think last year the score was around 42 or something, I'm not sure.

The entrance tests seem to be repeating, I've been practicing for the past month and the same thing comes on over and over again. I'm applying to Cattolica too, my test is in less than a week!
Original post by lackinglogic
There are three callings for seats so I don't think you need to worry much. If you get a rank in the top 70 then you have a good chance of getting in but that also depends on whether the students above you in ranking will accept or reject their seats. I think last year the score was around 42 or something, I'm not sure.

The entrance tests seem to be repeating, I've been practicing for the past month and the same thing comes on over and over again. I'm applying to Cattolica too, my test is in less than a week!

Same thing happens to me! How are you scoring on the practice tests? Also, have you read the religious texts?
I get around 50 every time. What about you? And I am just skimming through them and getting a gist of what it entails. I cannot learn it in detail I am literally not going to remember anything :P

Are you preparing for it? I have no idea what the questions are going to be like.....
I get around 50 every time. What about you? And I am just skimming through them and getting a gist of what it entails. I cannot learn it in detail I am literally not going to remember anything :P

Are you preparing for it? I have no idea what the questions are going to be like.....

My personal best has been 48.75 so far! Dignitas Personae is the only religious text that I've read. The other two are too large. I just can't lol.

just did my first practice test and i literally got 33.5/60 lol, so so bad! gonna just do a paper a day or something - my test is in less than a week as well! 27th feb to be exact :smile:
Yup same!!!! Good luck! For your first test 33 is NOT BAD!!! Is Cattolica your first choice?
Yup same!!!! Good luck! For your first test 33 is NOT BAD!!! Is Cattolica your first choice?

nope i've applied to some unis in the uk but it's really competitive so cattolica is a backup, but i guess with medicine you can't really say anything is a backup because it's hard to get into!
Original post by pseudo123
nope i've applied to some unis in the uk but it's really competitive so cattolica is a backup, but i guess with medicine you can't really say anything is a backup because it's hard to get into!

Ahhh! That's great! I think it is fairly easy to get into Cattolica when compared to UK Universities. I applied to them too but didn't have any luck. Good luck to you though! I really hope you get in to all your universities!
can we use calculators
Original post by gadandjo1008
can we use calculators

nope. no calculators allowed. The questions involving calculations (as far as I can conclude by the simulator) are fairly easy and doable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending