The Student Room Group

Calling all TSR Christians to pray for my city!

Now, 49 people are infected with the Wuhan coronavirus in HK, and it seems to become worse over the next few weeks. Everything is affected by the virus, including schools and governmental services.
A lot of people in HK do not want to go out because of this. So, I am calling all TSR Christians to pray for HK in this thread, in no more than 100 words, as God is the only one who can help with this situation.

Scroll to see replies

Not religious but I hope a vaccine/cure is found very soon. Keep safe and be smart :smile:
I am not very good at expressing my prayers in words that aren't set prayer :colondollar: But I will pray a few Hail Marys for this intention :yes:
Reply 3
Current situation in HK:
Confirmed cases: 67
Deaths: 2
Recovered: 5
Currently, HK people are looking for masks, other cleaning items and food everywhere, and a lot of people do not want to go out. The supermarket shelves are always EMPTY.
It is God who is the only one who can stop this virus, and in my eye, all of HK is reliant on God now.
Please continue to pray for HK!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Current situation:
Confirmed: 98
Dead: 2
Recovered: 36
Thanks to God, his healing has come to HK, as the number of newly confirmed cases in the past 10 days is fewer than that of recoveries.
However, more countries have got the outbreak. I hope more people can join in this thread, so God can heal this coronavirus.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 8013
Now, 49 people are infected with the Wuhan coronavirus in HK, and it seems to become worse over the next few weeks. Everything is affected by the virus, including schools and governmental services.
A lot of people in HK do not want to go out because of this. So, I am calling all TSR Christians to pray for HK in this thread, in no more than 100 words, as God is the only one who can help with this situation.

It’s a lot more than that now 😬
Original post by 8013
Current situation:
Confirmed: 98
Dead: 2
Recovered: 33
Thanks to God, his healing has come to HK, as the number of people discharged in the past 10 days (28) is only 3 fewer than new confirmed cases (31), and quite a number of them are from Diamond Princess. With the deduction from Diamond Princess cases, the number of newly confirmed cases is fewer than that of recoveries.
However, more countries have got the outbreak. I hope more people can join in this thread, so God can heal this coronavirus.

On the other hand, South Korea has been hit pretty bad.
Continued prayers!
Reply 8
There was a second and larger wave in HK, and there was a peak of 65 new cases in one day. Here is the current situation:
Confirmed: 1041
Deaths: 4
Recovered: 920
There are no local transmissions since April 20, and quite a number of days with no new cases. I will be back to school on May 27, after a 4-month suspension. In addition, the number of cases is fewer than the 2003 Sars outbreak in the same period (1755).
Glory to God! This cannot happen because of our continued prayers for HK!
Reply 9
Bar a few local cases and 2 small clusters, there are only imported cases recently, mostly from India and Pakistan.
Current situation:
Confirmed: 1206
Deaths: 7
Recovered: 1107
Because of God, our death rate is very low (less than 1 death per million) as his healing power came to most of the patients.
Original post by 8013
Because of God, our death rate is very low (less than 1 death per million) as his healing power came to most of the patients.

Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

How do you know that the deaths aren't BECAUSE of God?!
Reply 11
There are NINETEEN new local cases in HK yesterday, the most EVER. HK has entered its third wave of the virus, and 15 schools have closed down because some people affiliated to them caught the virus.
In the past 2 days, there are THIRTEEN NEW CASES in my area. I am feeling really scared right now, and everyone wanted to separate from me because of this, including my friends, as they are worried that I may spread the virus to them. Please pray for me and for all in HK.
Praying :yes:
Reply 13
Number of new cases:
8 July: 24
9 July: 42
10 July: 38
11 July: 28
12 July: 38
Today: 52, with FORTY-ONE LOCAL CASES!!
I don't know what is happening now in HK.
Original post by PTMalewski
Why don't you kick yourself at your head. It would be equally effective.

Is there really any need for this comment? :erm:
Reply 15
IMG_20200714_144630.jpg
HK really needs the healing power of God! It is the first time since 3 days in March (65, 64, 59) that there are 50+ new cases in consecutive days!
In addition, one case is related to my school, a student's family member.
oookkaayyy..

*Muslims walk away slowly from the thread...*
Original post by bored_user:)
oookkaayyy..

*Muslims walk away slowly from the thread...*

You are more than welcome to pray for Hong Kong too, if you would like :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
You are more than welcome to pray for Hong Kong too, if you would like :smile:

Why wouldnt I? But OP just wants Christians...

Guess we can go pray for America or India know if they want?
Original post by bored_user:)
Why wouldnt I? But OP just wants Christians...

Guess we can go pray for America or India now if they want?

That is because the OP is a Christian, and probably wanted some solidarity from other Christians in this scary time.

Let’s not derail their thread :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending