The Student Room Group

University Help :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RajanSRana
Perhaps though I am unsure. I achieved 99988877776 in GCSE for reference. I think maybe it was my A-Level in Business.

I doubt that as you have Maths A level and that is the key subject for Computer Science. Many universities include business as one of their referred subjects and those that dont accept it as a 3rd subject alongside 2 of their preferred sunbject. The only issue normally with Business is that universities wont accept it along with Economics as they are too similar. What is your other A level subject and what grade were your GCSE grades in Maths and English. I think there has been a bit of a spike in Computer Science applications which might have caused you some problems.
I applied to Cambridge, Durham, Warwick, Imperial and St Andrew's. Lowest standard offer was AAA and others were A* AA or A*A*A. I did ask for feedback but it was vague and just mentioned high competition.

Perhaps though I am unsure. I achieved 99988877776 in GCSE for reference. I think maybe it was my A-Level in Business.

I'm a little surprised that you didn't get any offers, or decent feedback. I would have expected one from Warwick, the others being more of a lottery. Further Maths is strongly recommended at the Oxbridge / Imperial level - do you have that?
Reply 22
Original post by swanseajack1
I doubt that as you have Maths A level and that is the key subject for Computer Science. Many universities include business as one of their referred subjects and those that dont accept it as a 3rd subject alongside 2 of their preferred sunbject. The only issue normally with Business is that universities wont accept it along with Economics as they are too similar. What is your other A level subject and what grade were your GCSE grades in Maths and English. I think there has been a bit of a spike in Computer Science applications which might have caused you some problems.

I got 7s in english, an A in further maths, 8 in maths and 9 in computer science for GCSE. I take Maths, Computer Science, Business, EPQ, AEA and AS Further Maths.
Reply 23
Original post by RogerOxon
I'm a little surprised that you didn't get any offers, or decent feedback. I would have expected one from Warwick, the others being more of a lottery. Further Maths is strongly recommended at the Oxbridge / Imperial level - do you have that?

Unfortunately not, I only do AS Further Maths.
Unfortunately not, I only do AS Further Maths.

IMO, that's the most likely issue for the more competitive universities. Whilst Business may be accepted, I'd take someone with, say, Physics, over it. Sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending