The Student Room Group

Deferred entry 2020 to 2021

Hello all! I'm currently holding offers for 3 unis to start on september-october 2020. I'm an international student, and with all these covid-19 issues I don't think I will be able to travel/move/apply for a visa for a while or at least without it being last minute, so I want to defer my entry. Do you think unis will be flexible enough to let me do it? Or do you think I should reapply?
Anyone else thinking of going through the same situation?
Reply 1
Try and email the universities and ask if your course can be deferred. So far as I know you can defer but it depends on what course you are doing.
Original post by paolagmzr
Hello all! I'm currently holding offers for 3 unis to start on september-october 2020. I'm an international student, and with all these covid-19 issues I don't think I will be able to travel/move/apply for a visa for a while or at least without it being last minute, so I want to defer my entry. Do you think unis will be flexible enough to let me do it? Or do you think I should reapply?
Anyone else thinking of going through the same situation?

Im also an international student and firmed my offer to KCL for 2020 undergrad entry.

However, due to borders closing and concerns over COVID-19, im considering deferring my conditional offer for entry in 2021 and attending a uni within my city instead of travelling overseas. With classes most likely being online for the first semester, idk if its worth the money to be in London amidst the global pandemic, away from family, not having a typical first year experience + etc. I still think KCL is an amazing opportunity to challenge myself and be more independent tho, and ideally I hope to be able to attend because it was my dream school for a very long time.
Reply 3
some offer online learning. for 1 semester or 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending