The Student Room Group
Original post by vix.xvi
dk if that makes sense, but if you created a thread anonymously and then gave rep. can they see who gave it?

No. It’ll only say Anonymous repped you.
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
No. It’ll only say Anonymous repped you.

thanks guys
Original post by vix.xvi
dk if that makes sense, but if you created a thread anonymously and then gave rep. can they see who gave it?

I think it does....I have been repped before when giving advice to Anon and when I get the rep from a particular account I think to myself, "oh so that's who you are"

I've never ever had rep from "Anonymous" and I've had a lot of reps :u:
Original post by harrysbar
I think it does....I have been repped before when giving advice to Anon and when I get the rep from a particular account I think to myself, "oh so that's who you are"

ohhh i didnt know that

@Hellohsjakodsmka @Thecrazydoughnut thouht you guys should know this
:ditto: to harrysbar

If you reply to an anonymous thread and they rep you, you will see the account who repped you, not just anonymous.

Similarly, if you've made a thread anonymously and rep any of the responses to it, you are repping as your own username, not anonymous.
oh lol thanks for letting me know :smile:
Original post by vix.xvi
ohhh i didnt know that

@Hellohsjakodsmka @Thecrazydoughnut thouht you guys should know this

I guess you took my sarcasm too literally.
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
I guess you took my sarcasm too literally.

haha lmao it's hard to sense sarcasm through a screen. maybe you should work on improving your sarcasm skills lol
Reply 9
sometimes anon thread starters give themselves away by repping the post and then posting 1 minute later.

if the thread has been inactive for a while, it does not take a genius to work out that the rep received 1 minute before the anon OP posted is the OP

luckily for them i'm actually an ok guy, and saw no motive to out them and reveal their identity.

none the less it is a blunder to watch out for
Original post by ANM775
sometimes anon thread starters give themselves away by repping the post and then posting 1 minute later.

if the thread has been inactive for a while, it does not take a genius to work out that the rep received 1 minute before the anon OP posted is the OP

luckily for them i'm actually an ok guy, and saw no motive to out them and reveal their identity.

Yup I've DEFO done that oops:frown:
Reply 11
Original post by vix.xvi
Yup I've DEFO done that oops:frown:

don't worry, for most people it would have gone right over their head and they wouldn't have sussed you out. I just notice a lot of stuff other people tend to miss and this makes me above average at sniffing out the identities of anons.

but now i've publicly revealed this method you'd better not make the same mistake again :wink: ...or you probably will get rumbled.
Original post by Anonymous
If you receive reps on an anonymous post, do they still count?

no
Original post by username3477548

Hi
Original post by harrysbar

Original post by 04MR17
:ditto: to harrysbar

If you reply to an anonymous thread and they rep you, you will see the account who repped you, not just anonymous.

Similarly, if you've made a thread anonymously and rep any of the responses to it, you are repping as your own username, not anonymous.

Original post by ANM775

Latest

Trending

Trending