The Student Room Group

Horrible People ?

Why are some young woman so horrible to guys what is the reason behind it do they have some form of mental illness or is social media to blame for it they talk with you for a while and then talk with you no more for no real reason you try and talk with them and they blank/ ignore you whats going through there brain to act like that towards a guy ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laughinglad999
Why are some young woman so horrible to guys what is the reason behind it do they have some form of mental illness or is social media to blame for it they talk with you for a while and then talk with you no more for no real reason you try and talk with them and they blank/ ignore you whats going through there brain to act like that towards a guy ?

I haven't the energy to spare to think about these things much. It's their problem not mine.

I mean, I've thought about it before, spoken with people and listened to them... and kind of have a pretty good idea of what could be wrong under most scenarios and make an intelligent guess, but unless people are willing to talk about it then I'm a bit 'meh'. It's all theories and bullshyt, and the wall of sullen silence or mixed signals is just a ruse to maintain 'plausible deniability' whilst often effectively gas lighting you by pretending it isn't the case.

Unless people are willing to talk about it, and try to articulate whatever tf their problems are in their own words... don't waste your time. Some people just need to grow up.
Original post by NonIndigenous
I haven't the energy to spare to think about these things much. It's their problem not mine.

I mean, I've thought about it before, spoken with people and listened to them... and kind of have a pretty good idea of what could be wrong under most scenarios and make an intelligent guess, but unless people are willing to talk about it then I'm a bit 'meh'. It's all theories and bullshyt, and the wall of sullen silence or mixed signals is just a ruse to maintain 'plausible deniability' whilst often effectively gas lighting you by pretending it isn't the case.

Unless people are willing to talk about it, and try to articulate whatever tf their problems are in their own words... don't waste your time. Some people just need to grow up.

l agree with you 100% thank you

I have had this happen to me a few times. I swear some people have this really messed up perspective interacting with people online where they don't really see you are a person.

If they don't have the pressure of facing someone in front of them and their social mask on, they for some reason suddenly become complete *******s with a lack of perspective, lack of respect for others, lack of compassion, and a lack of understanding.

Without their social mask on, you see their true self. It is often times not pretty.
Original post by Anonymous
I have had this happen to me a few times. I swear some people have this really messed up perspective interacting with people online where they don't really see you are a person.

If they don't have the pressure of facing someone in front of them and their social mask on, they for some reason suddenly become complete *******s with a lack of perspective, lack of respect for others, lack of compassion, and a lack of understanding.

Without their social mask on, you see their true self. It is often times not pretty.

l understand what you are saying thats very true thank you for your reply
only some women?
imo depends with different individuals..not restricted to a particular group.
(edited 3 years ago)
If you think being blanked is horrible behaviour, I would advise you to ask the women in your life about their experiences with men via social media/dating apps etc.
Original post by lyer_in_hellfyre
only some women?
imo depends with different individuals..not restricted to a particular group.

l agree with you on that point thank you
In our society, women are so much worse off than men, that they have to endure the terribly severe ‘disadvantage’ of being able to treat men however they like, without consequence, whereas if a man says the slightest little wrong thing, he’s shunned and branded as ‘disrespectful to women’
Original post by Laurence010401
In our society, women are so much worse off than men, that they have to endure the terribly severe ‘disadvantage’ of being able to treat men however they like, without consequence, whereas if a man says the slightest little wrong thing, he’s shunned and branded as ‘disrespectful to women’

Yes thats very true its like that on TSR
Yes thats very true its like that on TSR

Oh really? In my experience of TSR there’s good gender equality
Reply 11
bad patter? i've never really had it, so I dunno
Oh really? In my experience of TSR there’s good gender equality

Yes most of them not them all
In all fairness it can sometimes be a two way street but the deck is more stacked against men because they are expected to be confident and make the first move (mostly) so are more likely to get a nasty knock back than a woman.
A couple of days ago I was in a room with 6 women watching Married at First Sight on TV (where the bride and groom have never met) and the bide said to he friends "I hope he's not short" . Nobody blinked an eyelid amongst the women I was with. If the groom had said "I hope she's not fat" the sky would have fallen in let's be honest, we all know it.
Of course the big difference being an obese woman can go on a diet whereas a short man can't grow.
Also there are plenty of men around who find big women attractive whereas how many women find short men, especially shorter than them, attractive? (Multimillionaires like Bernie Ecclestone not withstanding ofcourse) 😁
(edited 3 years ago)
You’ve clearly had a bad experience with certain women in your life which I’m sorry for but that does not mean all women are the same.

As for gender equality in TSR, it’s a joke. I’ve been told to “go back to the kitchen” and told my feelings aren’t valid because I’m a woman. I do not see any kind of gender equality on this site.

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience with certain women but that’s not to say all women are bad. I’ve had a terrible experience with certain men but I don’t go around saying that all men are the same.

It goes both ways at the end of the day, men do it too. They’ll blank you, block you etc. Guys literally will talk to me and then see what I look like, they’ll block me.

It happens to men and women.

Sorry for your experience but not all women are bad.
(edited 3 years ago)

May I ask you a question as i'm really confused, please :smile:
Original post by Nialler x
May I ask you a question as i'm really confused, please :smile:

Please go ahead :smile:))
Original post by Admit-One
If you think being blanked is horrible behaviour, I would advise you to ask the women in your life about their experiences with men via social media/dating apps etc.

:five: I agree
Please go ahead :smile:))

I feel stupid asking this but are you a male or female?? :curious:
Original post by Nialler x
I feel stupid asking this but are you a male or female?? :curious:

I am Male.
Oh Don’t worry, that’s a completely reasonable question to ask 😊 having a man for a profile pic doesn’t necessarily mean the user is a man, there is even a lovely MR fox of TSR who is a woman!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending