The Student Room Group

Does everyone think they will get the grades needed for firm/insurance?

Firm/insurance - think u got the grades?

Scroll to see replies

Trying to be positive as a private resit candidate who's centre isn't taking into consideration this years work and only looking at year 12/13, which could possibly mean I may get the same grades as last year. I want it to work out for my firm but it's Exeter but I'm also expecting the worst :frown:
Original post by Journeyiris
Trying to be positive as a private resit candidate who's centre isn't taking into consideration this years work and only looking at year 12/13, which could possibly mean I may get the same grades as last year. I want it to work out for my firm but it's Exeter but I'm also expecting the worst :frown:

Literally same - I applied to the University of Surrey (ABB) and University of Nottingham for (BBB) and I’m expecting as bad as CCC, already started looking at clearing options 😔- but my course is unpopular (Criminology) so I literally have no idea what to expect
Trying to be positive as a private resit candidate who's centre isn't taking into consideration this years work and only looking at year 12/13, which possibly mean I may get the same grades as last year. I want it to work out for my firm but it's Exeter but I'm also expecting the worst :frown:

What subject at Exeter. They tend to accept dropped grades for many of their course. How far below will you be. Often if you fail to meet your grades at Exeter they offer you their Penryn course instead.
Original post by swanseajack1
What subject at Exeter. They tend to accept dropped grades for many of their course. How far below will you be. Often if you fail to meet your grades at Exeter they offer you their Penryn course instead.

Any idea about Nottingham brother for criminology
Not sure but I suspect they like most others will accept dropped grades. 40% get into universities with a 2 grade drop .
Original post by Bckbnkvbjgg
Literally same - I applied to the University of Surrey (ABB) and University of Nottingham for (BBB) and I’m expecting as bad as CCC, already started looking at clearing options 😔- but my course is unpopular (Criminology) so I literally have no idea what to expect

I think you'll be fine but I hope you get the grades you need! Good luck! x
No. I don’t have any choices because I didn’t get into uni this year, but I don’t think I’ve got the grades I need for next year so will be taking exams in autumn hopefully
Original post by swanseajack1

I firmed law for Exeter and I'm aware that they revise the offer and give you the opportunity to study at pennryn but I looked at the course and its law with business and I'm not really comfortable with business and I really want to go to the streatham campus. I'm hoping to get ABC on results day. Also I looked at their clearing list today and even though I am a home student, for international students they have law in their clearing list with requirements of BCC.... Trying to stay hopeful is all I can do now x
Yes
This year for a medicine course will they accept native language a levels, because I didn’t take the test so there’s definitely isn’t an advantage for me
Exeter dont usually accept dropped grades for Law at Streatham.
I firmed law for Exeter and I'm aware that they revise the offer and give you the opportunity to study at pennryn but I looked at the course and its law with business and I'm not really comfortable with business and I really want to go to the streatham campus. I'm hoping to get ABC on results day. Also I looked at their clearing list today and even though I am a home student, for international students they have law in their clearing list with requirements of BCC.... Trying to stay hopeful is all I can do now x

It’s the money issue which is why grades so low for then
How can we check the clearing grade requirements even if we have offers?
Original post by Bckbnkvbjgg
It’s the money issue which is why grades so low for then

yep absolutely! Some uni's are even thinking about arranging internationals with a chartered plane, pick up from the airport and obviously quarantine accommodation too. They're catering a lot to them but that's normal because they need international students.
How do I check for the BCC requirement? All it says here is AAA... and I'm an international student.
Original post by Ahmedshabah1
How do I check for the BCC requirement? All it says here is AAA... and I'm an international student.

I dont see the BCC requirement. According to the information Law at Exeter is not available for UK applicants and is available at AAA for international non eu students.
i think so. top choice is warwick which needs AAB, insurance is cardiff which is ABB.

i got AAB in my mocks so i'm hoping that'll mean I'll get in :yep:
Original post by Ahmedshabah1

There's a list for international students where law was available for clearing and it said BCC.
There's a list for international students where law was available for clearing and it said BCC.

What list is this. Can you produce it. Exeter doesnt end up in clearing for Law usually for UK students and I have never known them go so low for international. As I say the clearing ucas course search is showing AAA for international students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending