The Student Room Group

Is it weird to fly to another country to meet your Tinder match for the first time?

So my Tinder match lives in a different country to me and never met them before except spoken for a little while over phone and text. They are living in Mexico and I'm from the UK. I don't know how they will act or what their facial expressions be in person. Is it weird to fly to another country to meet your Tinder match for the first time?
Yes. Tinder is supposed to be local isn’t it?
You just had a thread like this going.
A little bit weird, yes
Original post by Anonymous
So my Tinder match lives in a different country to me and never met them before except spoken for a little while over phone and text. They are living in Mexico and I'm from the UK. I don't know how they will act or what their facial expressions be in person. Is it weird to fly to another country to meet your Tinder match for the first time?

What's so special about this person, that you would consider doing this?

Mexico, of all countries, isn't the safest. How old are you? Why can't they come to the UK instead?

And what gender are we talking about? If he's male, it's a tad more risky.

Are you planning to meet in Mexico, or a country 'in between' like the USA? If you are the only one doing a significant amount of travelling to meet this person, that would be throwing up some red flags for me.
Reply 6

how in the world did you even match that far away?
Reply 7
Original post by NonIndigenous
What's so special about this person, that you would consider doing this?

Mexico, of all countries, isn't the safest. How old are you? Why can't they come to the UK instead?

And what gender are we talking about? If he's male, it's a tad more risky.

It's a girl from Mexico. I really like her she is unlike any other girl near me great personality and my type. I'm 28 and she's younger.
It's a girl from Mexico. I really like her she is unlike any other girl near me great personality and my type. I'm 28 and she's younger.

Hmm. At 28 you should know what you're doing. How much younger is she though? Not like, a minor, I hope?

Still, it is a little strange though. How exactly did you hit it off with her? I'm curious.

Have you ever been in a relationship previously, also? It's odd to develop the amount of commitment you have, after a relatively short period of speaking with her. Unless you were already planning a holiday to Mexico perhaps.
Reply 9

desperate, aren't you.... so like you had to lie about your location to match with her. right?
Original post by Ciel.
desperate, aren't you.... so like you had to lie about your location to match with her. right?

No Tinder has a global feature.

I wouldn't bother going that far - according to my daughter most of her friends won't travel past South London for a Tinder date.
Yes and desperate.
Yes.

Wow this seems crazy.

I once took a 30 minute train for a first date & I thought that was long.
Could be a scam maybe they will hold you hostage.
Is she expecting you to pay for her flight over here by any chance?
Definitely.
Yes. This sounds like the beginning of an episode of 90 day fiancé the other way, only the UK version. I love that show.
You don't need to travel thousands of miles to meet women, you're not a polar bear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending