The Student Room Group

Lancaster physics entry requirements

Hi, I’ve firmed Lancaster University for a Physics Course, I would really love to study there, however I fear my calculated grades may be lower than what I need. I was wondering if the admissions have ever let physics applicants in who have missed their grades, and by how much? My offer is AAA .
No clue however I'm going to Lancaster for the same course so for now let's just hope that you make it in!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Joseph Green
No clue however I'm going to Lancaster for the same course so for now let's just hope that you make it in!!!!

That’s great ! I’m really hoping for some leniency in grades this year due to the current situation. Who interviewed you - Dr Romito interviewed me, he seemed really nice.
Original post by shane.gopee
That’s great ! I’m really hoping for some leniency in grades this year due to the current situation. Who interviewed you - Dr Romito interviewed me, he seemed really nice.

I had Dr Bailey. He was a very fun guy, very clear with explanations. I hope there is some leniency although it doesn't impact me at all. Best of luck with getting in
Original post by Joseph Green
I had Dr Bailey. He was a very fun guy, very clear with explanations. I hope there is some leniency although it doesn't impact me at all. Best of luck with getting in

Do you want to dm me and we can talk more about it
Hi, I’ve firmed Lancaster University for a Physics Course, I would really love to study there, however I fear my calculated grades may be lower than what I need. I was wondering if the admissions have ever let physics applicants in who have missed their grades, and by how much? My offer is AAA .

It has been known to happen - Lancaster are sometimes able to be a bit lenient on A level results day so Good Luck to you and hope you get your grades or get in anyway :smile:
My daughters going this year for particle physics. Lancaster will review anyone who has narrowly missed their grades (see link)
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/results/missed-offer/

it also says because of the 2020 situation, they will try to be flexible :smile:

Hi @shane.gopee,
There are currently places in clearing for our Physics course, this suggests that there might be some wriggle room, but the grade requirements haven't yet been released. I'd recommend giving us a call on results day if you miss your offer, to see if you're able to get a place.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending