The Student Room Group

Anyone received their CAS letter yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jackien1
Have you managed to get an appointment? I'm in the exact same situation now. What happens if we don't manage to get an biometric appointment before our course starts?

I can not book any appointment now. According to UKVCAS latest update, "If UKVCAS received your application on or after 15 August 2020, you won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app."
I think at this point, there is nothing else we can do except keep waiting.
Original post by yzcn
I can not book any appointment now. According to UKVCAS latest update, "If UKVCAS received your application on or after 15 August 2020, you won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app."
I think at this point, there is nothing else we can do except keep waiting.

Yeah, I got more info on the situation and we're just waiting till we get an email to tell us we can use the app to submit the stuff we need to basically. But application formally submitted so we're fine.
Reply 22
Yeah, I got more info on the situation and we're just waiting till we get an email to tell us we can use the app to submit the stuff we need to basically. But application formally submitted so we're fine.

Oh year, I think I get the same email said that UKVI can reuse our bio-metric info. Just wait until they send us an invitation.
Reply 23
New update, I have received an UKVI invitation to use the IDV app.
Original post by yzcn
New update, I have received an UKVI invitation to use the IDV app.

What date did you send off your application?
Reply 25
What date did you send off your application?

I paid my application on 24th of August, and I submitted documents using the IDV app today which is 7th of September.
Original post by yzcn
I paid my application on 24th of August, and I submitted documents using the IDV app today which is 7th of September.

Ugh if the uni hadn't been so slow I wouldn't have submitted my application in september instead of august, but it doesn't really matter at this point so whatever. Will you quote me when you get your application results? Would be interested in how long that takes.
Reply 27
Ugh if the uni hadn't been so slow I wouldn't have submitted my application in september instead of august, but it doesn't really matter at this point so whatever. Will you quote me when you get your application results? Would be interested in how long that takes.

Yeah. I can update you here.
Original post by yzcn
Yeah. I can update you here.

Thanks, I just got the IDV app email and submitted my stuff too. Surprising since the website still says they're working on Aug applications and Sept's is still being reviewed but nice surprise.

Edit: When you moving to manchester?
Reply 29
Thanks, I just got the IDV app email and submitted my stuff too. Surprising since the website still says they're working on Aug applications and Sept's is still being reviewed but nice surprise.

Edit: When you moving to manchester?

Nice. Now we just wait until we get our decisions.I am already here in Manchester.
Original post by yzcn
Nice. Now we just wait until we get our decisions.I am already here in Manchester.

got an email saying approved this morning!
Reply 31
got an email saying approved this morning!

Nice. When did you submit your application and documents? I haven't heard anything from Home Office.
Original post by yzcn
Nice. When did you submit your application and documents? I haven't heard anything from Home Office.

10 sept in the evening/night around 20:30 ish. Maybe they process applications from different nationalities differently so times differ? Hopefully you hear soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending