The Student Room Group

Applying as a child of migrant worker

Hello student finance of england,
I'm going to uni this year and I applied for a tuition loan only , since I didnt know I could apply as a child of migrant worker. My mum is actually getting the universal credit and is not working because of covid 19. She worked normally 4 hours every day before that.
Will there be a problem with my mum getting universal credit? I work 8 hours a week , but planning to increase it to 15 hours.

Thanks student loan,
Luis
I'm asking this because I know I'll have to send evidence of my mums payslip, but I'm not sure if I should also send mine and what about the universal credit which cover the house and stuff like that. What happens to the universal credit is my concern, how do I send that If I have to?
Thanks universal credit
Original post by LoveQuestions
Hello student finance of england,
I'm going to uni this year and I applied for a tuition loan only , since I didnt know I could apply as a child of migrant worker. My mum is actually getting the universal credit and is not working because of covid 19. She worked normally 4 hours every day before that.
Will there be a problem with my mum getting universal credit? I work 8 hours a week , but planning to increase it to 15 hours.

Thanks student loan,
Luis

Original post by LoveQuestions
I'm asking this because I know I'll have to send evidence of my mums payslip, but I'm not sure if I should also send mine and what about the universal credit which cover the house and stuff like that. What happens to the universal credit is my concern, how do I send that If I have to?
Thanks universal credit

Hi Luis, we can advise on Migrant Worker funding but we can't advise on Universal credit.
You can view the criteria and evidence for Migrant Worker funding here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending