The Student Room Group

Is this a proper friend

He starts makings threats, mimicking my voice, calling me a ****** names like that and everything. I just don’t want to fall out with him so I try to make friends with him again and he says no then carries on making fun of me with other people. I just don’t want to lose him as I feel like sometimes he can be a good friend.

At we were talking about my 24th birthday and we were talking about weather he would come if I had another one, he says he’s learnt now not to come to a ******s party. He asked if I m angry so I said no even though I was but to scared to say and said good, if I hit him he’ll make sure he puts me in hospital. We have this group chat and we were talking about meeting up because we haven’t done that since lockdown then he slowly started to get angry to me and called me a *******. We were just planning where to go and he just ended up calling me that. It was a few friends and I think one of my friends said buy something then I said I don’t have enough money then the guy called me a cheapskate so I said no I’m not and it’s escalated to me calling me a *******.

It just has been happening for a long time like hell, call me a ******* or other names, mimic my voice or whatever then we’d make up by me getting him to or him doing it himself then he’ll do it again soon after. I just keep thinking he’ll be different this time, he’ll change but he doesn’t.
Reply 1
Just cut him off, he is not your friend but just somebody attempting to use you.
Reply 2
Original post by dylgeo
Just cut him off, he is not your friend but just somebody attempting to use you.

I just don’t have many other friends
That isn’t a good friend. That’s extremely toxic.

I know it feels like you can improve them as a person, but sadly in most cases you can’t.

This isn’t a happy friendship. It’s clearly one sided with you putting all the effort in and him just shutting you down.

I would leave this friendship along if I were you. You’ve given him chances to change his behaviour and he’s refused, therefore showing he won’t be adapting his personality any time soon.

I would leave it and move on. They’ll be plenty other people willing to have an actual healthy friendship with you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I just don’t have many other friends

Always choose quality over quantity. You don't need "friends" like that in your life
Reply 5
Original post by Meanerbean
Always choose quality over quantity. You don't need "friends" like that in your life

I only have one other friend
Reply 6
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
That isn’t a good friend. That’s extremely toxic.

I know it feels like you can improve them as a person, but sadly in most cases you can’t.

This isn’t a happy friendship. It’s clearly one sided with you putting all the effort in and him just shutting you down.

I would leave this friendship along if I were you. You’ve given him chances to change his behaviour and he’s refused, therefore showing he won’t be adapting his personality any time soon.

I would leave it and move on. They’ll be plenty other people willing to have an actual healthy friendship with you :smile:

Coke is better
I only have one other friend

Then make new friends. There is no need to keep someone like this in your life just because you don’t have many others.
Coke is better

Ouch :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by GabiAbi84
Then make new friends. There is no need to keep someone like this in your life just because you don’t have many others.

I don’t know how to, I do go to college and don’t work
Ouch :frown:

It is, Pepsi don’t do a like flavour or vanilla flavour or a peach flavour
It is, Pepsi don’t do a like flavour or vanilla flavour or a peach flavour

That’s true but I am partial to Pepsi max cherry haha
That’s true but I am partial to Pepsi max cherry haha

Coke cherry is better

Quick Reply

Latest