The Student Room Group

How did the October Manifesto affect the people of Russia?

How did the October manifesto affect the people of Russia?
I got this as a practice exam question but I am not sure how to answer it without mixing in with stolypin's reforms
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by helpmewithstuff
How did the October manifesto affect the people of Russia?
I got this as a practice exam question but I am not sure how to answer it without mixing in with stolypin's reforms

Hmm you could categorise it i.e.
How did the October manifesto affect people socially/economically/politically or how did the October manifesto affect the nobility/the peasants/workers etc.
Reply 2
How many marks is it?
I don't understand what you mean about mixing in Stolypin's reforms - they're a separate event entirely. Just refer to the contents of the manifesto and the immediate effects - because in all honesty, the Manifesto really didn't have a lasting impact. The Duma was dissolved several times, strikes began to grow in number until the start of WW1, Nicholas II never wanted to pass it in the first place.

But I agree that you should approach it in themes - e.g. how it affected the immediate unrest in the nation, what it did for civil liberties, how it affected religion.
Original post by neko no basu
Hmm you could categorise it i.e.
How did the October manifesto affect people socially/economically/politically or how did the October manifesto affect the nobility/the peasants/workers etc.

aristocrats, peasants, workers, middle class :smile:
Original post by Sinnoh
How many marks is it?
I don't understand what you mean about mixing in Stolypin's reforms - they're a separate event entirely. Just refer to the contents of the manifesto and the immediate effects - because in all honesty, the Manifesto really didn't have a lasting impact. The Duma was dissolved several times, strikes began to grow in number until the start of WW1, Nicholas II never wanted to pass it in the first place.

But I agree that you should approach it in themes - e.g. how it affected the immediate unrest in the nation, what it did for civil liberties, how it affected religion.

It is an 8 mark question. I get now that they are 2 separate things it's just I didn't know what to put as there weren't really any major impacts other than the Duma that got dissolved anyway. Thank you for replying
Reply 5
Original post by helpmewithstuff
It is an 8 mark question. I get now that they are 2 separate things it's just I didn't know what to put as there weren't really any major impacts other than the Duma that got dissolved anyway. Thank you for replying

The wikipedia page does offer quite a useful summary. It wasn't all pointless.
Original post by Sinnoh
The wikipedia page does offer quite a useful summary. It wasn't all pointless.

Ok, thank you : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending