The Student Room Group

Boyfriend who drives?

If I stay over at my boyfriend house should he drive me back home or should I be getting a cab back?

I get so angry and upset when my boyfriend tells me to get cab omg. It causes arguments. Is this unhealthy too?
More context is needed for a complete analysis/reply here.

But in general I’d say a boyfriend isn’t obliged to drive you anywhere.
So he should make 2 trips rather than you make 1?, sounds legit, I can see why you act unreasonably when it's mentioned :tongue:
Well, you shouldn't be swapping between houses during lockdown if you're in England anyway, but I don't think it's fair for him to be your personal taxi service. Do you not drive yourself?
(edited 3 years ago)
I can’t drive and am also single, however if I was in a relationship I would very much be happy to make my own way home
How far away is your house?
Reply 6
There is a lack of background and a complete picture of the situation. Did you tell him you wanted him to take you back home?
Maybe he doesn't even know it. Tell him that you would be happy if he sometimes took you home and so on. The main thing is not to tell him this in a high tone with claims. Because he really shouldn't do it. You cross the path only in one direction, and he will have to do it in two directions.
Look at his reaction.
If he is adamant in his position that he will not do this, then you will understand that you are not very important to him and that your requests are also unimportant to him.
Hmm... dpnds on context. I didn't like it so much when my friends in UK who couldn't drive xpected to use me as taxi service kind of like that...by presenting impromptu demands after social events or even by passively aggressively saying things like that at random times. Maybe I could have done so but didn't want the hassle of parking etc. esp in London and wouldn't have done it myself... just coz I have the car and license doesn't make me everyone's free Uber.....

A talk to clear the air and establish ur ground rules on times/occasions for driving her back could help both of u.
He isn't obliged to drive you anywhere. It is a nice gesture, but travel arrangements should really be talked about beforehand. Imo, an equal split is the best way. Like he brings you and takes you back, then the next time you make the effort. Or maybe you get a cab there and he takes you back.

If you got a cab there, I'd somewhat agree but I'd still have to stress that ultimately it's his choice.
If I were your boyfriend I'd pretend I was driving you home and then drop you off at a taxi rank for lols.
Original post by tashkent46
If I were your boyfriend I'd pretend I was driving you home and then drop you off at a taxi rank for lols.

Then drive in a wee circle, put a small Taxi sign on the roof and ask if she's looking for a taxi :rolleyes:
Original post by StriderHort
Then drive in a wee circle, put a small Taxi sign on the roof and ask if she's looking for a taxi :rolleyes:

Then tell her she has to pay a fare.

Well, yeah? Novelty taxi signs and designer drugs don't pay for themselves.

Then make her sit in the back seat and complain the whole way home about “the missus” who thinks he runs a taxi service 😹
Original post by GabiAbi84
Then make her sit in the back seat and complain the whole way home about “the missus” who thinks he runs a taxi service 😹

My kind of thinking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending