The Student Room Group

STD or urine infection???

So I had a boyfriend and I lost my virginity to him and then I ended things as things just got too much...the guy I was with was very hurt by us not being together but we both tried moving on..anyway I slept with someone else who I know and it was a big regret and I’m not the type of girl to sleep around bare in mind. Months later I’m now back with my boyfriend, I’m very happy with him and he now says it hurts to wee so he’s gone to the doctors and got a test for a urine infection and a STD test also. He asked if I slept with anyone when he went for a test, as the doctor told him it’s unusual for boys to get urine infections, I haven’t told him I have slept with someone else even though I didn’t cheat on him..i know it’s wrong, urine infection symptoms and STD symptoms are similar and it just hurts to pee, if it comes back positive that it’s a STD I’m going to tell him but I’m just so scared. It was a massive mistake and I know it’s my fault but I don’t know what to say because I wasn’t with him at the time but I understand he’s going to be upset. He could come back negative, but I’m just overthinking about how it’s rare for 19 year old boys to get urine infections so I’m really worrying. I would appreciate any advice given, thankyou.
Dunno, let's take a look

Original post by Sick12738
So I had a boyfriend and I lost my virginity to him and then I ended things as things just got too much...the guy I was with was very hurt by us not being together but we both tried moving on..anyway I slept with someone else who I know and it was a big regret and I’m not the type of girl to sleep around bare in mind. Months later I’m now back with my boyfriend, I’m very happy with him and he now says it hurts to wee so he’s gone to the doctors and got a test for a urine infection and a STD test also. He asked if I slept with anyone when he went for a test, as the doctor told him it’s unusual for boys to get urine infections, I haven’t told him I have slept with someone else even though I didn’t cheat on him..i know it’s wrong, urine infection symptoms and STD symptoms are similar and it just hurts to pee, if it comes back positive that it’s a STD I’m going to tell him but I’m just so scared. It was a massive mistake and I know it’s my fault but I don’t know what to say because I wasn’t with him at the time but I understand he’s going to be upset. He could come back negative, but I’m just overthinking about how it’s rare for 19 year old boys to get urine infections so I’m really worrying. I would appreciate any advice given, thankyou.

First of all do not feel scared about your situation you're not in the wrong here so don't feel that way. Secondly, even if he does come back positive you can share it with him about the other boy but honestly you do not have to it's in the past you're looking towards the future with the current guy right? I wouldn't bring it up If I were you because it could not only cause drama but pain for him.. Just wait it out and let us know any outcomes I am sure me along with someone else are willing to support you with further advice!
Reply 3
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
First of all do not feel scared about your situation you're not in the wrong here so don't feel that way. Secondly, even if he does come back positive you can share it with him about the other boy but honestly you do not have to it's in the past you're looking towards the future with the current guy right? I wouldn't bring it up If I were you because it could not only cause drama but pain for him.. Just wait it out and let us know any outcomes I am sure me along with someone else are willing to support you with further advice!

I keep telling myself, like It isn’t like I cheated on him as I would never do that but it’s just the fact that if he does come back positive then I’ll have to tell him because he hasn’t slept with anyone else but me and I know that 100% so I would have to tell him the truth and he will be very upset and it’s more I have lied that I’m scared to tell him, Thankyou so much for the support I really appreciate it! x
Original post by Sick12738
I keep telling myself, like It isn’t like I cheated on him as I would never do that but it’s just the fact that if he does come back positive then I’ll have to tell him because he hasn’t slept with anyone else but me and I know that 100% so I would have to tell him the truth and he will be very upset and it’s more I have lied that I’m scared to tell him, Thankyou so much for the support I really appreciate it! x

How do you know he hasn't slept with anyone? Maybe he is just saying he hasn't, just like you did... It's none of his business whether you slept with anyone or not - you, however, were being irresponsible by not getting tested after sleeping with the other person.

Quick Reply

Latest