The Student Room Group

Left a course and not wanting to be paid

Hi there, im writing on behalf of my partner. He started his masters and was paid his first loan payment and paid this to the unit he then chose to leave the course as this year it's a bit uncertain and the uni are aware and will be giving a full refund as he left before the classes started. They say they will refund and also contact student finance themselves, but it has been months now and the refund is still being waited on and I don't believe they have informed student finance. Obviously he doesn't want his next payment and will refund the payment already made as soon as he is refunded but cannot until then (hopefully soon). We aren't sure what his steps should be right now to avoid his getting his next payment/interest as the uni have not yet updated you? Thank you!
Original post by Dlbennett
Hi there, im writing on behalf of my partner. He started his masters and was paid his first loan payment and paid this to the unit he then chose to leave the course as this year it's a bit uncertain and the uni are aware and will be giving a full refund as he left before the classes started. They say they will refund and also contact student finance themselves, but it has been months now and the refund is still being waited on and I don't believe they have informed student finance. Obviously he doesn't want his next payment and will refund the payment already made as soon as he is refunded but cannot until then (hopefully soon). We aren't sure what his steps should be right now to avoid his getting his next payment/interest as the uni have not yet updated you? Thank you!

Hi!

I would contact student finance to confirm all of this information. Also, call your university again and get them to confirm they have completed this. Ask that your uni provide you with evidence of this too, ie transactions, etc. Give them a time frame to get things completed and if they don't complete it by then, then keep asking them.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 2
I'll get him to do all that tomorrow thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending