The Student Room Group

Not a single like on Tinder

I’m a 19 year old guy.

I’m quite shy, only have a few friends. Never had a girlfriend before.

I am really desperate to get one though - maybe because of peer pressure but also because I do genuinely want to have one.

I have had tinder for a while now. I have no bio because I don’t know what to write but I do have a few pictures of myself on it and I think I look quite good in them (no I don’t mean to sound arrogant when I say that but I’m usually awful at getting good photos)

I used to have the standard version of tinder for ages and I had about 5 likes on it once but I never got to see who they were as I didn’t have the full version as I didn’t want to pay for it but eventually I upgraded to the full version and I have 0 likes - yep 0.

I can’t understand why. As I said, I don’t think I look bad in the photos I uploaded to it. I did a boost and still got no likes.

Anyone know what to do?
the lack of bio might be the problem tbh like it might make your account look inactive/fake. you could just put in it that you’re shy and some of your interests!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a 19 year old guy.

I’m quite shy, only have a few friends. Never had a girlfriend before.

I am really desperate to get one though - maybe because of peer pressure but also because I do genuinely want to have one.

I have had tinder for a while now. I have no bio because I don’t know what to write but I do have a few pictures of myself on it and I think I look quite good in them (no I don’t mean to sound arrogant when I say that but I’m usually awful at getting good photos)

I used to have the standard version of tinder for ages and I had about 5 likes on it once but I never got to see who they were as I didn’t have the full version as I didn’t want to pay for it but eventually I upgraded to the full version and I have 0 likes - yep 0.

I can’t understand why. As I said, I don’t think I look bad in the photos I uploaded to it. I did a boost and still got no likes.

Anyone know what to do?

Tinder is a ultimately a pretty unforgiving world. It’s much harder for guys to get likes/matches than girls.

Your profile needs to have a flair about it to make it stand out. Having a bio is a huge help. Some people write something funny, some people list their interests/studies/work. Writing anything is better than nothing.

Your photos shouldn’t be multiple of essentially the same pic. If you’ve got photos from on holiday, with something interesting, with pets, playing a sport or anything include one. If they’re all selfies do you have some taken by other people?

Don’t beat yourself up about your tinder success though. The vast majority of relationships will begin from real life interactions - although they’re more difficult due to restrictions your time will come
bio can really help
Girl here. I'm not a fan of online dating whatsoever it's arbitrary in my opinion and can make you feel very competitive about love. You have a better chance of getting a girlfriend by trying to gain confidence and talk to girls in real life. But with that being said I do have quite a bit of experience with apps from my younger years. I can't speak for all women but here's a list of reasons why I use to swipe left, even if they were my type:
-Having no bio, or weird things are written in their bio that either isn't funny, too childish, aggressive/victimy or too s*xual
-1st picture or all are group photos, too many photos in sunglasses, subsequent pics are either blurry or trying to hide their face, which is hidden or far away in most pics
-Silly photos e.g wearing Borat underwear, swearing, drunk
-Every pic is a very up-close selfie
-Has less than 3 photos
-Topless photos
-Filtered photos
-Photos in bed (personal preference)
-Gym photos (personal pref)
-Poor dress sense (personal pref)
That's all I can think of for now. Again, don't take Tinder too seriously it's not the real world and only a small portion of women actually use that app. Lastly, you're only 19 you have plenty of time to develop yourself so it's not the end of the world if you're getting rejections now. Hope this helps
Original post by Anonymous
Girl here. I'm not a fan of online dating whatsoever it's arbitrary in my opinion and can make you feel very competitive about love. You have a better chance of getting a girlfriend by trying to gain confidence and talk to girls in real life. But with that being said I do have quite a bit of experience with apps from my younger years. I can't speak for all women but here's a list of reasons why I use to swipe left, even if they were my type:
-Having no bio, or weird things are written in their bio that either isn't funny, too childish, aggressive/victimy or too s*xual
-1st picture or all are group photos, too many photos in sunglasses, subsequent pics are either blurry or trying to hide their face, which is hidden or far away in most pics
-Silly photos e.g wearing Borat underwear, swearing, drunk
-Every pic is a very up-close selfie
-Has less than 3 photos
-Topless photos
-Filtered photos
-Photos in bed (personal preference)
-Gym photos (personal pref)
-Poor dress sense (personal pref)
That's all I can think of for now. Again, don't take Tinder too seriously it's not the real world and only a small portion of women actually use that app. Lastly, you're only 19 you have plenty of time to develop yourself so it's not the end of the world if you're getting rejections now. Hope this helps

This sums it up perfectly for me too. Minus the silly photos point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending