The Student Room Group

I’ve lost 20kg (so far) ask me anything!

I’m on a weight loss journey as today I woke up and really noticed my progress, i’ve still got 10kg to do but I feel like im qualified enough to answer some weight loss questions as this site has helped me so much.

disclaimer: i say qualified METAPHORICALLY i am not actually qualified in any way i have only learnt from my own experiences and every body is unique so what works for me might not work for you, i just want to give an opportunity to anyone who may have some questions as i believe that i have lost weight safely after recovering from BED. xx
biggest change you made that helped to lose the weight?
how old are you, when did you start your journey. how fast do you run 1 mile
Reply 3
Original post by xandra_sky
biggest change you made that helped to lose the weight?

Deleted my fitness pal. I think it’s good to use it for a month to learn how many calories are in your food and work out roughly how much you should be eating to be in a caloric deficit (no less that 1400imo unless you’re tiny). i eat around 1550 and i’m 166cm but not using mfp i’ve still lost weight without the guilt of sometimes going over as naturally ur body will want more or less food depending on the day and mfp doesn’t account for that.
also volume eating (low calorie high volume and protein meals!)
Reply 4
Original post by qwertuyuyuy

started properly 1st nov 2020 and have lost 9kg, the other 11 i lost from starting therapy and that helped me process my emotions healthily.
I hated running and never did it until literally last week so don’t judge my time aha before my journey i couldn’t run for longer than 30s, my mile time according to strava whilst running a 5k was 10min30s. first time i’ve ever ran a mile!
Original post by 14t
Deleted my fitness pal. I think it’s good to use it for a month to learn how many calories are in your food and work out roughly how much you should be eating to be in a caloric deficit (no less that 1400imo unless you’re tiny). i eat around 1550 and i’m 166cm but not using mfp i’ve still lost weight without the guilt of sometimes going over as naturally ur body will want more or less food depending on the day and mfp doesn’t account for that.
also volume eating (low calorie high volume and protein meals!)

what does a typical 1550 calorie day look like?
Reply 6
Original post by xandra_sky
what does a typical 1550 calorie day look like?

just gonna quickly add btw i keep a good diary so i am aware just not glued to looking at calories.
i usually have oats/weetabix and a ton of fruit for breakfast
apple for a snack
a nourish bowl for lunch which is a protein (egg chicken or tuna), a fat (avocado seeds olive oil or hummus), a carb (quinoa rice sweet potato or a wrap) and a bunchhhh of veggies (a mix of every colour, some roasted if i can be bothered but usually chopped up veggies and sautéed ones too), i like these but if i’m not feeling it then i’ll have maybe soup or avo and egg on toast, i really just eat what i crave like today i had a tortilla chicken pizza!
usually i’m full after lunch as my bowls are pretty huge but if i want a snack i’ll have fruit, a nakd bar, popcorn, yoghurt, dark chocolate or maybe a protein shake if my lunch lacked in protein
dinner is usually controlled by my parents but it’s usually chicken based with veggies and rice or noodles, obviously it varies but that’s what i usually have.
portion control is extra important especially if you can’t control whay goes into every meal so a fist size for protein, and a cupped palm for carbs etc after dinner if i’m hungry i’ll have fruit yoghurt or a lindt ball hehe

i still eat chocolate ice cream cake burgers literally everything just in moderation, i still slip up and definitely over eat but it took years to get to my highest weight one day won’t ruin everything, the most important thing is to be consistent and kind to yourself, it takes time and i’m still impatient to get to my goal trustttt me but if you start now you’ll be so proud of yourself, you won’t always notice progress but one day it’ll hit you like a truck like it did for me today
Reply 7
do you do any specific workouts?
Original post by 14t
just gonna quickly add btw i keep a good diary so i am aware just not glued to looking at calories.
i usually have oats/weetabix and a ton of fruit for breakfast
apple for a snack
a nourish bowl for lunch which is a protein (egg chicken or tuna), a fat (avocado seeds olive oil or hummus), a carb (quinoa rice sweet potato or a wrap) and a bunchhhh of veggies (a mix of every colour, some roasted if i can be bothered but usually chopped up veggies and sautéed ones too), i like these but if i’m not feeling it then i’ll have maybe soup or avo and egg on toast, i really just eat what i crave like today i had a tortilla chicken pizza!
usually i’m full after lunch as my bowls are pretty huge but if i want a snack i’ll have fruit, a nakd bar, popcorn, yoghurt, dark chocolate or maybe a protein shake if my lunch lacked in protein
dinner is usually controlled by my parents but it’s usually chicken based with veggies and rice or noodles, obviously it varies but that’s what i usually have.
portion control is extra important especially if you can’t control whay goes into every meal so a fist size for protein, and a cupped palm for carbs etc after dinner if i’m hungry i’ll have fruit yoghurt or a lindt ball hehe

i still eat chocolate ice cream cake burgers literally everything just in moderation, i still slip up and definitely over eat but it took years to get to my highest weight one day won’t ruin everything, the most important thing is to be consistent and kind to yourself, it takes time and i’m still impatient to get to my goal trustttt me but if you start now you’ll be so proud of yourself, you won’t always notice progress but one day it’ll hit you like a truck like it did for me today

Thank you for that, fist sized protein and cupped palm carb is easy to remember :smile: and well done for losing so much weight, you've done really well xx
Original post by qwertuyuyuy

loving the sasha braus icon because her eating and this thread kinda relate lol
Original post by stressandpain
loving the sasha braus icon because her eating and this thread kinda relate lol

nom nom nom nom nom nom

Quick Reply

Latest