The Student Room Group

I cant find anyone to sign my passport

I’ve tried 3 people to help me confirm my identity online and they have all been rejected if anyone has any ideas please help

Scroll to see replies

get a teaacher
Send £50 to my bitcoin wallet and ill do it.
Let me sign it lol
You can ask a family relative or a close friend to sign it.
Original post by Isjjjkakdjxjcj
Really?

I'm just joking, but you can ask a family relative or a close friend, a teacher, a work college etc. There are many options. Different relatives within your family, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles?
I’m gonna try this tomorrow hopefully they say they can do it
Reply 7
I’ve tried 3 people to help me confirm my identity online and they have all been rejected if anyone has any ideas please help

Have a look through the list. Have you tried a teacher at your current/last school?
https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications/accepted-occupations-for-countersignatories

They can't be related to you by birth or marriage.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just joking, but you can ask a family relative or a close friend, a teacher, a work college etc. There are many options. Different relatives within your family, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles?

You cannot use a relative - it has to be a professional.
One of my dad's work friends (that had met me a few times) signed mine I think, maybe you could ask your parents if anyone they know would sign.
Original post by Anonymous

This is wrong you cannot use relatives. The local chemist is anothet suggestion. Doctor would do it for money. Teacher or civil servant or bank worker.
Original post by Scotney
This is wrong you cannot use relatives. The local chemist is anothet suggestion. Doctor would do it for money. Teacher or civil servant or bank worker.

Does the chemist have to know me? Or will they do it anyway
Does the chemist have to know me? Or will they do it anyway

I don't think you mean that? Of course they have to know you, they are signing to say they know you. Do you have neighbours who were 'professionals', even if retired? Teacher/lawyer/businessman/anyone 'traceable' really. Established/permanent Civil Servants can do it
Original post by SharonMoxon
I don't think you mean that? Of course they have to know you, they are signing to say they know you. Do you have neighbours who were 'professionals', even if retired? Teacher/lawyer/businessman/anyone 'traceable' really. Established/permanent Civil Servants can do it

My neighbour is a firefighter, does that count?
Reply 14
My neighbour is a firefighter, does that count?

Yes.
Original post by marple
Yes.

I’m going to ask the shopkeeper I go in and talk to but if not I’ll try my neighbour
Original post by marple
Yes.

Yes fireighter is fine.Chemist would have to. know you ie you are in there regularly and they would recognise you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
I’m going to ask the shopkeeper I go in and talk to but if not I’ll try my neighbour

What type of shop is it? If it's a small corner shop that isn't VAT registered or operating as a limited company then the owner won't qualify. Your neighbour might be safer provided they've known you for 2+ years.
Original post by marple
What type of shop is it? If it's a small corner shop that isn't VAT registered or operating as a limited company then the owner won't qualify. Your neighbour might be safer provided they've known you for 2+ years.

It’s just a corner shop, I’m also in the post office regularly due to having a small business, would the post office be able to do it?
Original post by marple

It’s a premier shop, isn’t that a chain store wouldnt that be fine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending