The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Applying for accommodation - what/where is the student number?

I've just read/listened to the Swansea Virtual Open Day. in the Q/A for applying for accommodation, they were adamant that we could apply as soon as we receive an offer. However, when I looked later at the accommodation pages, I read that I needed a Swansea Student Number. I also read this would be on the offer email from Swansea. Well, I've been offered a place, and I've received an email. However, I can see no student number. Where might it be?
I had to email [email protected] and ask to get mine because I already had my a level results from last year, so you probably just need to do that, or you could ring admissions, I think you should be able to find their number on the website.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SirJimalot
I had to email [email protected] and ask to get mine because I already had my a level results from last year, so you probably just need to do that, or you could ring admissions, I think you should be able to find their number on the website.

Do we actually have to accept the offer before we can apply for accommodation? Because in the webinar they were pretty clear that we should apply as soon as we received an offer.
Original post by TimJK
Do we actually have to accept the offer before we can apply for accommodation? Because in the webinar they were pretty clear that we should apply as soon as we received an offer.

No you don't, you just have to have an offer (you don't need to accept it) and put in your student number in the accomodation login page:
https://universityservices.swan.ac.uk/contracts/Pages/EN/Registration/Login.aspx
Reply 4
No you don't, you just have to have an offer (you don't need to accept it) and put in your student number in the accomodation login page:
https://universityservices.swan.ac.uk/contracts/Pages/EN/Registration/Login.aspx

OK, I have an offer, but no student number. I've asked admissions at Swansea, and they think that I would have to accept an offer before I get a number. Obviously, we need some clarity.
Original post by TimJK
OK, I have an offer, but no student number. I've asked admissions at Swansea, and they think that I would have to accept an offer before I get a number. Obviously, we need some clarity.

That's a bit weird. Might make a difference that I already passed my a levels last year so they gave me an unconditional, but I don't see why it would.
Reply 6
That's a bit weird. Might make a difference that I already passed my a levels last year so they gave me an unconditional, but I don't see why it would.

They said that my student number should have been on the email that they sent to say they were offering a place, but when I pointed out that there was no number on the email, they sent me the number in another email. So it's OK now as far as I am concerned, but obviously, the procedures need clarification all round. Apart from this particular issue, though, Swansea have been fine. No complaints. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Original post by TimJK
They said that my student number should have been on the email that they sent to say they were offering a place, but when I pointed out that there was no number on the email, they sent me the number in another email. So it's OK now as far as I am concerned, but obviously, the procedures need clarification all round. Apart from this particular issue, though, Swansea have been fine. No complaints. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

@TimJK @SirJimalot
Hi Both, so sorry for the confusion!

Indeed you can start applying for university accommodation with us as soon as you have made an application to one of our courses. The application process for our accommodation can be found here.
The student number is usually found on the offer letter, but if you can not find it, or not heard back from us yet on your application, you can just call 01792 295 111 or email [email protected] to request for your student number. We would need a few details off you though, such as your UCAS Personal ID, Full Name, Date of Birth, and email address you used to apply with so we can verify it is really you before we can advise what your student number is :smile:
You can also always email [email protected] for assistance/further clarifications specifically revolving around accommodation.
I hope this helps.

Admissions Enquiries Assistant - Sylvie
Reply 8
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
@TimJK @SirJimalot
Hi Both, so sorry for the confusion!

Indeed you can start applying for university accommodation with us as soon as you have made an application to one of our courses. The application process for our accommodation can be found here.
The student number is usually found on the offer letter, but if you can not find it, or not heard back from us yet on your application, you can just call 01792 295 111 or email [email protected] to request for your student number. We would need a few details off you though, such as your UCAS Personal ID, Full Name, Date of Birth, and email address you used to apply with so we can verify it is really you before we can advise what your student number is :smile:
You can also always email [email protected] for assistance/further clarifications specifically revolving around accommodation.
I hope this helps.

Admissions Enquiries Assistant - Sylvie

Thanks. The number wasn't on the email, but I contacted Swansea, and they told me what it was.
Hi,

Just as an update, I recently found out that you can try to put in your UCAS Personal ID, and the form validates it to show the Student Number when you log in, but only if the record has come through to our Residential Services/Accommodation team.

So if you have a UCAS ID, pop that in, if it doesn't work, then please do give us a call or email :smile:

Sylvie - Admissions Enquiries Assistant :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest