Original post by Anonymous
What course you are applying for: Dentistry
What universities you are thinking of: HKU
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A*
GCSE/IGCSE grades: 999999999887
UCAT 2830 B1
Extra curriculars: /
Got an interview in Jan and got waitlisted today

hi I had an interview in jan and got waitlisted as well, did you get an email saying they will review your application in July/aug? and did your status on the portal changed to 'waitlist'?
hi I had an interview in jan and got waitlisted as well, did you get an email saying they will review your application in July/aug? and did your status on the portal changed to 'waitlist'?

Yes I did too. I might fail the interview since someone have a lower predicted grades than me still got an offer.
Yes I did too. I might fail the interview since someone have a lower predicted grades than me still got an offer.

But I was interviewed last week and got waitlist yesterday with an email.

Oh no

Original post by Julius LI ....
As well.. any good news? I guess they may start giving since the March.. Worrying ****

I think they have given the first batch before March.
I think they have given the first batch before March.

Do you mean now is main round?

same I think it didn't went that bad but I guess they don't really like my answers...
do you think we still stand a chance if they said they may reconsider all applications in July/aug

do you think we still stand a chance if they said they may reconsider all applications in July/aug

Did you get waitlist?
Did you get waitlist?

Biomed as well

I got that email as well in late feb. And the status changed to waitlist yesterday.
same I think it didn't went that bad but I guess they don't really like my answers...

One of the Hku dental student said they will give you an offer as long as you show that you are normal with good personality in the interview. So they might think my personality is not good enough and they might could tell that I am not really keen to study Dentistry. Because my mum asked me to apply it. I personally think waitlist mean blacklist. Lost of hope. Cry cry... Got two waitlist out of five subjects that I applied.
One of the Hku dental student said they will give you an offer as long as you show that you are normal with good personality in the interview. So they might think my personality is not good enough and they might could tell that I am not really keen to study Dentistry. Because my mum asked me to apply it. I personally think waitlist mean blacklist. Lost of hope. Cry cry... Got two waitlist out of five subjects that I applied.

I got that email as well in late feb. And the status changed to waitlist yesterday.

same so no chance at all?

I am a bit confused that on the email it said 'I am pleased to inform you that the Committee on BDS Admissions suggested that your application be put on the wait list which may be re-considered between July and August 2021. You may check your application status online in August 2021 for any updates on the outcome. In the meantime, your status will remain “Under consideration”.'
I am a bit confused that on the email it said 'I am pleased to inform you that the Committee on BDS Admissions suggested that your application be put on the wait list which may be re-considered between July and August 2021. You may check your application status online in August 2021 for any updates on the outcome. In the meantime, your status will remain “Under consideration”.'

I think we have got the same email. Did your status remain under consideration? Mine is waitlist.
I think we have got the same email. Did your status remain under consideration? Mine is waitlist.

same mine is waitlist as well... so are we technically 'blacklisted'
same mine is waitlist as well... so are we technically 'blacklisted'

Is that your first choice out of all application? I think I am a bit unhappy about not getting an offer. But at the same time I don’t think I would study in Hong Kong even I get in. May I ask whether you do any art related activities or subject? It seems they want artistic people because in my interview, they asked me if I have any extracurricular activities related to art or crafting, which obviously I don’t have any of them. I am not sure if my assumption is right. Is there any Dentistry offer holder who could tell me that if you are artistic or not?

Do u mean u had an interview for BDS in January and they said u will be put on waitlist. Then had a second interview for BDS last week?
Is that your first choice out of all application? I think I am a bit unhappy about not getting an offer. But at the same time I don’t think I would study in Hong Kong even I get in. May I ask whether you do any art related activities or subject? It seems they want artistic people because in my interview, they asked me if I have any extracurricular activities related to art or crafting, which obviously I don’t have any of them. I am not sure if my assumption is right. Is there any Dentistry offer holder who could tell me that if you are artistic or not?

OMG I swear we are in similar situation! I didn't initially want to apply but my parents suggested it would be wise to do so which I then applied. don't get me wrong, I do like dentistry and I put it as my first choice in hku but personally I would like to stay in the uk... but yeh I get you I am a bit unhappy about the whole thing and although I probs wouldn't study in Hong Kong if I get in. I didn't do any art related activities, I am not artistic at all haha maybe thats why...
Biomed as well

Same here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending