The Student Room Group

what makes a guy ''marriage material''?

like what kinds of qualities or characteristics (including physical) make you think you'd want to marry a guy?

Scroll to see replies

-friendly
-honest
-understanding
-mature
-caring & affectionate
Time to take notes :pcguru:
None, because I'm not gay.
If he hangs low
Original post by Anonymous
-friendly
-honest
-understanding
-mature
-caring & affectionate

I back this
like what kinds of qualities or characteristics (including physical) make you think you'd want to marry a guy?

Non-needy as in he shouldn't be seeking approval from me or peers; should be happy with himself. He has to be big as I don't feel as safe around guys that aren't big as in muscles and height. On this note he should be very dominant over public situations so that he can back me up in an argument or heck a physical conflict; giving out strong body language to let other guys to back off. Smart and understanding, always curious to ask questions and understand more. He must 200% respect my boundaries as well as have his own set boundaries in which I nor anyone can trespass. Honest and straight forward without wearing a mask or fake personality. Must be able to put a spell on me as in love because there are some guys for many reasons almost make me feel sick when they flirt. Gotta have good morals alongside christian.

The most important thing is a man must have his eyes set forward, wants a family, a house, steady multiple sources of income etc. I'm blessed to have a man like I do but glad I have been strict on only getting with guys who meet my requirements
Reply 6
intelligent and a good sense of humour :smile: being able to joke around is 100% the most important thing (aside from being kind, obviously), ive dated guys who wouldnt be considered conventionally attractive but had a great sense of humour, theyre the types you'd want to settle down with in the end
Always keeps promises, calm, stable lifestyle, mature, intelligent, dog friendly, healthy, secular, strong work ethic, attractive, employed or has regular employment history, ambitious, sexually compatible and fully committed to being a father for at least 18 years.

its the same as the things I look for in a guy that I want to date
Waiting to see who adds "thicccccccc wallet" to the list.

A black man of God
Original post by chelsea.uri
A black man of God

What if he’s white or brown?...

Maybe make sure ....He is not already married yet?
What if he’s white or brown?...

I don’t mind lol
I just prefer black men
None because I am gay
Tall.
Respectful.
Kind.
Caring.
Having his life in good shape, eg good job, financially secure etc.
Original post by FairyVibes
I back this

Non-needy as in he shouldn't be seeking approval from me or peers; should be happy with himself. He has to be big as I don't feel as safe around guys that aren't big as in muscles and height. On this note he should be very dominant over public situations so that he can back me up in an argument or heck a physical conflict; giving out strong body language to let other guys to back off. Smart and understanding, always curious to ask questions and understand more. He must 200% respect my boundaries as well as have his own set boundaries in which I nor anyone can trespass. Honest and straight forward without wearing a mask or fake personality. Must be able to put a spell on me as in love because there are some guys for many reasons almost make me feel sick when they flirt. Gotta have good morals alongside christian.

The most important thing is a man must have his eyes set forward, wants a family, a house, steady multiple sources of income etc. I'm blessed to have a man like I do but glad I have been strict on only getting with guys who meet my requirements

Since you are so demanding and you wrote an essay asking apart from everything else a big guy, tall, and with a lot of muscle, can you please remind the audience what is your height and how you would describe the yourself. I just want to see where the irony meter is this evening..
Ok

Tall.
Respectful.
Kind.
Caring.
Having his life in good shape, eg good job, financially secure etc.

Here we go with the height again... There were so many threads in the past couple of weeks with short girls demanding to get talk guys. Can you remind us of your height please?
Original post by Bushyasta
Ok

Here we go with the height again... There were so many threads in the past couple of weeks with short girls demanding to get talk guys. Can you remind us of your height please?

dude youre so insecure stop harassing people about their height preferences
and it is you running the world ya dirty wee fag got.

Something wrong with the gay people?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending