The Student Room Group

Reference problem

Hi guys,

I submitted my dissertation last week and realized that I forgot a few references. Am I going to be accused for plagiarism?

I have just 7% similarity

(BA in Interior Design)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by kec0284
Hi guys,

I submitted my dissertation last week and realized that I forgot a few references. Am I going to be accused for plagiarism?

I have just 7% similarity

(BA in Interior Design)

Hi, I'm not sure at all.

Maybe it's best if you send an email to your module leader/course leader or personal tutor and they should be able to assist you.
Reply 2
Original post by amanikaurr
Hi, I'm not sure at all.

Maybe it's best if you send an email to your module leader/course leader or personal tutor and they should be able to assist you.

I did already but I haven't received any emails yet.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by kec0284
I did already but I haven't received any emails yet.

It was a silly mistake as I was trying to send

Do they have work phone numbers that you are able to ring because it is an emergency?
Reply 4
My course leader said i won't fail. This is good but she is not the one who will examine my dissertation and so I am not really sure about what she said.
Original post by kec0284
My course leader said i won't fail. This is good but she is not the one who will examine my dissertation and so I am not really sure about what she said.

That's a positive at least then because it wouldn't be the worst case scenario of plagiarism.

I hope you do well :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah it is positive but as she's in another module it doesn't sound 100% real.
Reply 7
Hi guys,

I submitted my dissertation last week and realized that I forgot a few references. Am I going to be accused for plagiarism?*

I have just 7% similarity*

(BA in Interior Design)
I’m not in university, but I’ve done some referencing before. The best way forward that I can think of is admitting that you have missed some references, so that it’s clear you didn’t mean to do so. I think it is only plagiarism if you intentionally steal someone else’s work and claim it as your own, but perhaps an e-mail of you explaining that you missed out some references will cover your back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending