The Student Room Group

Self conscious about myself

I have nothing good about my safe, I have no qualifications, ****ed up my exams in school miserably, I'm not working yet, absolutely scared for my future, I am 20, no social life, no friends, no gf, im 5 foot 4 so unlikely to get a relationship and I just have crush on an old teacher from school but who is probably taller than me. I keep thinking about her but I know I will never see her. Ahhh
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Anonymous
I have nothing good about my safe, I have no qualifications, ****ed up my exams in school miserably, I'm not working yet, absolutely scared for my future, I am 20, no social life, no friends, no gf, im 5 foot 4 so unlikely to get a relationship and I just have crush on an old teacher from school but who is probably taller than me. I keep thinking about her but I know I will never see her. Ahhh

out of everything you mentioned, that's the most concerning tbh.:redface:
Reply 3
Are you out looking for a job ? Try and find 1 it might open the door to a social life for you. Don't stress about being short and not being in a relationship a lot of the guys I know are short and none of them are single.

Just stop and take a break. Think what your biggest problem is at the moment. Out of everything you've said you can't do anything about failing exams, but you can get a job. It might not be the best one, but you can get experience and move on from there.
About have a crush on a teacher: well... idk, best to forget about it if you're not going to see her.
Your height? Personally, 5ft 4 is fine, I mean, height isn't exactly the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a good relationship.
I don't know if any of these tips were useful, but I hope they were. You're only 20, and have a lot of time left, use it well.
Reply 5
Just stop and take a break. Think what your biggest problem is at the moment. Out of everything you've said you can't do anything about failing exams, but you can get a job. It might not be the best one, but you can get experience and move on from there.
About have a crush on a teacher: well... idk, best to forget about it if you're not going to see her.
Your height? Personally, 5ft 4 is fine, I mean, height isn't exactly the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a good relationship.
I don't know if any of these tips were useful, but I hope they were. You're only 20, and have a lot of time left, use it well.

The thing is imagine having a gf who's taller than you that's if you get one. Most girls won't date a 5 4 guy. It's not easy to forget a cash either
Reply 6
Original post by Qxi.xli

What's concerning?

Original post by JaseyB
Are you out looking for a job ? Try and find 1 it might open the door to a social life for you. Don't stress about being short and not being in a relationship a lot of the guys I know are short and none of them are single.

I'm doing training atm
Reply 7
Original post by Qxi.xli

It's concerning that I have a crush? Many guys have crushes, I don’t know how that is concerning
It's concerning that I have a crush? Many guys have crushes, I don’t know how that is concerning

No it's the fact that you have a crush on an 'old teacher from school'.
Dont worry mate, just focus on yourself, work out and be confident in yourself. You can do it.
Reply 9
Original post by Qxi.xli
No it's the fact that you have a crush on an 'old teacher from school'.
Dont worry mate, just focus on yourself, work out and be confident in yourself. You can do it.

Yes by old teacher I mean teacher I had in school, she's not old she's a bit older than me like 30s but not like am old woman, everyone liked her in school
All I have atm is a crush and that's about it
The thing is imagine having a gf who's taller than you that's if you get one. Most girls won't date a 5 4 guy. It's not easy to forget a cash either

well, theres so many girls smaller than 5 4 in the world. I just searched it up, and the average woman is 5 3 in the UK, so you'll more than likely find a girlfriend shorter than you.
well, theres so many girls smaller than 5 4 in the world. I just searched it up, and the average woman is 5 3 in the UK, so you'll more than likely find a girlfriend shorter than you.

I have a crush on this teacher I know and I just feel down though because I worry that I'm shorter like even though I probably won't get her it would make me feel better to know she's shorter
I have a crush on this teacher I know and I just feel down though because I worry that I'm shorter like even though I probably won't get her it would make me feel better to know she's shorter

this is probably strange advice, but try some heightening exercises like the touching your toes one? maybe... maybe not? :s-smilie:

also, take a look at this thread...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=95210380&highlight=height
... what do u think?
what you currently doing? retaking exams or
At least you've accepted what your problems are which is the first step in picking yourself up. Try to find a job or retake your exams and then apply for an apprenticeship/uni or something. You'll make friends and get a social life in the process and you'll start being able to see a future for yourself job-wise and relationships-wise. About the teacher, you should forget about her since she probably wouldn't want to date an ex-student. Don't worry about your height either. Ik a lot of girls are like "he has to be 6 foot or else I won't date him" but honestly, if they genuinely liked someone they wouldn't really care. In my 5 foot 4 opinion, I'd date someone who's the same height as me as long as I like who they are and I wouldn't mind dating someone shorter either as long as they're not that much shorter than me.
Anyway, good luck with everything. You can do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending