The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Uni of Surrey Residential Summer School 2021

Anyone else applied for one of the residential courses at uni of Surrey this summer?

If so, feel free to reply with which one and which date it is on :smile:)
Original post by evelinafad
Anyone else applied for one of the residential courses at uni of Surrey this summer?

Hi @evelinafad

It's great to hear you have applied for one of the residential courses at Surrey this summer! I am a second year Psychology student so if you have any questions about the university or what Guildford is like, then please feel free to ask! I am here to help :smile:

Once again, it's great to hear you have applied :smile:

Becca
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi @evelinafad

It's great to hear you have applied for one of the residential courses at Surrey this summer! I am a second year Psychology student so if you have any questions about the university or what Guildford is like, then please feel free to ask! I am here to help :smile:

Once again, it's great to hear you have applied :smile:

Becca

Hi :smile: thanks for the reply
Yeah the uni of Surrey is my first choice uni so the summer school would be a great opportunity - I just hope I get in hehe

I’m thinking of studying nutrition and dietetics at Surrey (maybe nursing)

I don’t know much about Surrey, I’ve never really been to the town but I would like to visit from London soon. I wanted to attend one of the open days they now have but I have exams and so does my sister as she is in 2nd year of uni so I may not be able to go. 🤷🏾*♀️

What make you choose Surrey for psychology and now that you are there, is there anything you particularly love/ hate about Guildford or even the uni?

Thanks,
Yvette :smile:
Hi :smile: thanks for the reply
Yeah the uni of Surrey is my first choice uni so the summer school would be a great opportunity - I just hope I get in hehe

I’m thinking of studying nutrition and dietetics at Surrey (maybe nursing)

I don’t know much about Surrey, I’ve never really been to the town but I would like to visit from London soon. I wanted to attend one of the open days they now have but I have exams and so does my sister as she is in 2nd year of uni so I may not be able to go. 🤷🏾*♀️

What make you choose Surrey for psychology and now that you are there, is there anything you particularly love/ hate about Guildford or even the uni?

Thanks,
Yvette :smile:

Hi Yvette :smile:

Thank you for your reply, its great to hear that Surrey is your first choice university, so the summer school would be great for you to get an idea of the university and explore Guildford a lot more! That's a real shame about the open days... Surrey do also run open days in September and October, I will attach this link for you to see the dates: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/open-days?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ug21&utm_content=conversion_opendays_uk&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-LOEBhDCARIsABrC0TldPEHOxgS0PkfriQFhGIDVKgOYy4NJ-Ik2FxX0w-Z5oQ92gKypUN8aAs_SEALw_wcB

What you want to study seems really interesting! I chose Surrey due to the different support services available and how supportive the placement year is , we have a centre of wellbeing place whereby you can go for health concerns or somebody to talk to. We also have a variety of academic support such as critical thinking skills, referencing support all that stuff which is done via workshops that the library normally put out for students. What I loved most is the career support, there is a career support centre where you can ask them for feedback on your CV's, Cover letters, they can help you with interview techniques, practice mock interviews etc. All of this is very helpful and they have provided me with valuable information that has been great at strengthening my application materials for my placement year. In terms of Guildford, the town is beautiful and there is some many nice areas to walk around. I went on a 9km walk the other day down the river into a nature reserve, and it really clears your mind, I love it! Do you like walking? I wouldn't say there is anything I hate about Guildford, the town is beautiful, the university is also beautiful with the lake on there. I always go there for picnics when the weather is nice!! Hopefully in summer, if your at Surrey you can have a picnic at the lake with friends!!

Becca
(2nd Year Psychology Student)
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi Yvette :smile:

Thank you for your reply, its great to hear that Surrey is your first choice university, so the summer school would be great for you to get an idea of the university and explore Guildford a lot more! That's a real shame about the open days... Surrey do also run open days in September and October, I will attach this link for you to see the dates: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/open-days?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ug21&utm_content=conversion_opendays_uk&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-LOEBhDCARIsABrC0TldPEHOxgS0PkfriQFhGIDVKgOYy4NJ-Ik2FxX0w-Z5oQ92gKypUN8aAs_SEALw_wcB

What you want to study seems really interesting! I chose Surrey due to the different support services available and how supportive the placement year is , we have a centre of wellbeing place whereby you can go for health concerns or somebody to talk to. We also have a variety of academic support such as critical thinking skills, referencing support all that stuff which is done via workshops that the library normally put out for students. What I loved most is the career support, there is a career support centre where you can ask them for feedback on your CV's, Cover letters, they can help you with interview techniques, practice mock interviews etc. All of this is very helpful and they have provided me with valuable information that has been great at strengthening my application materials for my placement year. In terms of Guildford, the town is beautiful and there is some many nice areas to walk around. I went on a 9km walk the other day down the river into a nature reserve, and it really clears your mind, I love it! Do you like walking? I wouldn't say there is anything I hate about Guildford, the town is beautiful, the university is also beautiful with the lake on there. I always go there for picnics when the weather is nice!! Hopefully in summer, if your at Surrey you can have a picnic at the lake with friends!!

Becca
(2nd Year Psychology Student)

Hi Becca,
It's good to know about Surrey university and Guilford. If you or any of your local friends have an idea of best secondary mixed or girls school around that area. I was searching on net but I found one really good school but it is independent school. I am looking for some really good state schools. Actually same here Surrey in my first choice but still no reply. I am hoping for best. Meanwhile I am also searching for good school for my daughter as well. She will be in year 8 in coming year. Please if you can guide me then I can contact some good schools before time and can see what's the school process for new admissions.
Regards,

Heyy, yeah I applied and I found out today I got accepted on the programme for engineering and it’s on the 11th of august until the 13th of August, how about you?
Reply 6
Original post by adaora123
Heyy, yeah I applied and I found out today I got accepted on the programme for engineering and it’s on the 11th of august until the 13th of August, how about you?

Congrats!! I’m sure engineering will be good. I applied for biosciences from 16-18 Aug and just got the email saying I got in :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
I've just found out that I got onto the residential veterinary science summer school from 9-11 of August😀
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Studentlife04
I've just found out that I got onto the residential veterinary science summer school from 9-11 of August😀

Congrats!! I’m sure engineering will be good. I applied for biosciences from 16-18 Aug and just got the email saying I got in :smile:

Original post by adaora123

Hi everyone!!

Well done on getting accepted into the summer programmes here at Surrey. Are you excited?? We can't wait to welcome you here!

If you would like to know more about Surrey or have any questions please let me know so I can help :smile:

Becca (Psychology Student)
Hi everyone!!

Well done on getting accepted into the summer programmes here at Surrey. Are you excited?? We can't wait to welcome you here!

If you would like to know more about Surrey or have any questions please let me know so I can help :smile:

Becca (Psychology Student)

thanks, I'm really excited. I really didn't expect to be offered a place
Original post by Studentlife04
thanks, I'm really excited. I really didn't expect to be offered a place

Hey!

I'm glad :smile: Well congratulations on getting offered the place!! We can't wait for you to come to Surrey so soon :smile:

Becca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending