The Student Room Group

Staff member came to my house

From college about my attendance. He knocked on my door asking about me and am I going in my attendance is low and everything. Is this even allowed? It's my house wtf, could they not just have rang

Scroll to see replies

The indignitah! :frown: :mad: :frown:
Hasn't your college broken up for summer yet?
I wouldn't imagine that coming to see you at home is something they would do lightly.
(edited 2 years ago)
How old are you?
This has been happening quite frequently when schools claim not to have received homework assignments or recent contact in relation to pupils under 16.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
The indignitah! :frown: :mad: :frown:

????

Original post by glassalice
Hasn't your college broken up for summer yet?
I wouldn't imagine that coming to see you at home is something they would do lightly.

A lot of work got delayed because of lockdown and we lost 3 months so we are just at the end of catching up

Original post by londonmyst
How old are you?
This has been happening quite frequently when schools claim not to have received homework assignments or recent contact in relation to pupils under 16.

I'm 21

No it won't be that
Reply 5
If I was dead it would have been reported
Yes it’s allowed.
And I’m pretty certain they would have rung before reaching the stage of doing a home check.
Just go to college, what’s the issue?
Reply 7
Original post by GabiAbi84
Yes it’s allowed.
And I’m pretty certain they would have rung before reaching the stage of doing a home check.
Just go to college, what’s the issue?

I was ill
Original post by Anonymous
????

???? :redface: People are allowed to chap your parents door, you agreed a contract with them.
I was ill

Did you provide them with a doctors sick note.. the exact way you would have to do if you were working.
I was ill

Then surely there is a reporting system where you phone to say you were sick?
And if it’s that you now have a build up of low attendance then that makes a home visit even more likely.
???? :redface: People are allowed to chap your parents door, you agreed a contract with them.

I think it shouldn't be allowed, if I went to a teachers house I'd be ****ed

Original post by Anonnorth
Did you provide them with a doctors sick note.. the exact way you would have to do if you were working.

Then surely there is a reporting system where you phone to say you were sick?
And if it’s that you now have a build up of low attendance then that makes a home visit even more likely.

I told reception and they didn't ask for anything like a sick note. They could have just rang
I told reception and they didn't ask for anything like a sick note. They could have just rang

They probably did.
Obviously your absence has got to a point where more strict measures are required.
And yes, if you went to teachers house you’d be ****ed -but that’s a completely different scenario.
You’re 21-you should really have a firmer grasp of how things work.
Reply 13
Why not ask them why they sent someone rather than ring? Was the correct phone number given when you enrolled? Are you sure they haven't tried ringing but didn't get an answer as no one was home?

I don't really get what the problem is. It isn't like they turned up for no reason or tried to force their way into your house.
(edited 2 years ago)
I think it shouldn't be allowed, if I went to a teachers house I'd be ****ed

You aren't a teacher, tenant nor a homeowner, you don't really have a stake i'm afraid, You could try keeping in better contact with college?
Reply 15
Original post by aliciana
he shouldn't be doing this, he could assault someone

Er...what? That makes no sense.
Original post by Talon
Er...what? That makes no sense.

a wrinkled old 40 years+ man coming to the house of young women, it's a recipe for disaster
They probably did.
Obviously your absence has got to a point where more strict measures are required.
And yes, if you went to teachers house you’d be ****ed -but that’s a completely different scenario.
You’re 21-you should really have a firmer grasp of how things work.

They didn't.

Original post by Talon
Why not ask them why they sent someone rather than ring? Was the correct phone number given when you enrolled? Are you sure they haven't tried ringing but didn't get an answer as no one was home?

I don't really get what the problem is. It isn't like they turned up for no reason or tried to force their way into your house.

I didnt speak to them my uncle answered the door

You aren't a teacher, tenant nor a homeowner, you don't really have a stake i'm afraid, You could try keeping in better contact with college?

I've not said I am, I mean my house because I live here
Reply 18
Original post by aliciana
a wrinkled old 40 years+ man coming to the house of young women, it's a recipe for disaster

Why? The OP didn't say they entered the house. Thousands of homes get visitors of some sort every day in the UK. It doesn't mean thousands of people get randomly assaulted.
Original post by Talon
Why? The OP didn't say they entered the house. Thousands of homes get visitors of some sort every day in the UK. It doesn't mean thousands of people get randomly assaulted.

it's not right ok.sometimes people come to the door in their underwear, he can push his way in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending