The Student Room Group

is it possible to get into a uni in clearing with lower grades than normal?

If the uni needs aaa and you get abb
do you think they'll still let you in ?
Are you talking about your firm choice or a different university?
Reply 2
different uni
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Are you talking about your firm choice or a different university?

Eg context is bristol for a course which has been in clearing for the past 3 years straight.
Also come from an aspiring school
Possibly depends on the uni and their clearing requirements, we can't really offer much help with this. Contact the uni
They might consider applicants with lower grades. You will only find out if they either publish clearing entry requirements on their website or by ringing up and asking them on results day if they don’t.
Original post by jackiejan
If the uni needs aaa and you get abb
do you think they'll still let you in ?

we don't know - it'll probably depend on how other people do as well
Reply 7
Is this possible ?
Is this possible ?

Well anyone who has received a contextual offer will have had the opportunity to get in with 'lower' grades than the standard offer (usually one grade lower), so yes - it's possible.
Reply 9
^^^
Reply 10
i meant in clearing
Thousands of people every year.

But which universities, for which courses and with which grades is impossible to predict
i meant in clearing

In clearing I got into a course with a usual offer of AAA with ABC... though that was last year, and before the teacher assessed grades U-turn... so a drop of that much again would be very unusual.

You might find Clearing offers are usually one, maybe two, grades below the normal offer.
Reply 13
Original post by thegalaxy
In clearing I got into a course with a usual offer of AAA with ABC... though that was last year, and before the teacher assessed grades U-turn... so a drop of that much again would be very unusual.

You might find Clearing offers are usually one, maybe two, grades below the normal offer.

Thank you so much , you have given me hope!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending