The Student Room Group

My breasts look deflated at 18

My boobs are quite heavy and they sag a bit and look deflated without a bra, they’re very soft and squishy. Whatever bra I put it in it looks very voluminous and big obviously, but once it comes off, I hate them. It’s like I have really soft, stretchy skin, and I’m thinking of losing weight in the hopes of them getting smaller and looking less deflated? But they could turn out worse and even more saggy. I really don’t know what to do. My boobs have been like this ever since they grew this big and I’m only 18, never had kids either. I’m really insecure about them and I’m scared to lose my virginity or be naked in front of a guy because of them. Can anyone relate with me? What should I do? Is this unattractive?
A lot of the girls with pretty breasts have had plastic surgery.

Don't worry about it. if a guy leaves you for that reason, he is shallow
Original post by Anonymous
My boobs are quite heavy and they sag a bit and look deflated without a bra, they’re very soft and squishy. Whatever bra I put it in it looks very voluminous and big obviously, but once it comes off, I hate them. It’s like I have really soft, stretchy skin, and I’m thinking of losing weight in the hopes of them getting smaller and looking less deflated? But they could turn out worse and even more saggy. I really don’t know what to do. My boobs have been like this ever since they grew this big and I’m only 18, never had kids either. I’m really insecure about them and I’m scared to lose my virginity or be naked in front of a guy because of them. Can anyone relate with me? What should I do? Is this unattractive?

I have the same concern!! I’m 19, and I hate taking my bra off for that reason!
Reply 3
I have the same concern!! I’m 19, and I hate taking my bra off for that reason!

I’m glad I could find someone to relate to, I always see girls with their natural boobs and they look so good but I feel like a catfish. And what’s even worse is my mum has always made me feel bad about my boobs comparing mine to hers saying hers are perky and mine are not and that I missed her genes. She kind of deepened my insecurity.
this is pretty natural for breasts. they’re not naturally perky for every woman. losing weight likely won’t solve that.
I’m glad I could find someone to relate to, I always see girls with their natural boobs and they look so good but I feel like a catfish. And what’s even worse is my mum has always made me feel bad about my boobs comparing mine to hers saying hers are perky and mine are not and that I missed her genes. She kind of deepened my insecurity.

Same! Mine used to be very perky on their own, but lately I noticed they’ve started to sag, only the other day in the shower when I saw my reflection, i was shocked because they look okay in a bra! I feel like they’ve gotten bigger which I didn’t think would happen at my age.
I have no idea what to do to prevent this or stop it getting worse!
What you are describing is totally normal. The bigger your boobs, the heavier they weigh. The perfectly pert boobs you see on TV, even the huge ones, are usually implants. But natural boobs are, you know, susceptible to gravity, and that is why you think they are 'saggy'.

Please do not worry about this. You are a woman now, with woman's boobs, and your boobs are acting exactly as they should. I know it's hard not to compare your body to others, esp. those online, but no woman's boobs can defy gravity, so remember that next time you start comparing your boobs to those you see online.

As for losing weight to reduce sagging, well, whenever I gain/lose weight, my boobs grow/get smaller. But losing weight simply because you want to shrink your boob 'skin' isn't really the way to go. You can always look up boob firming exercises online to strengthen the muscles in the hope of making the skin more taut, but you are worrying so much about nothing.

Listen, unless your boobs are sweeping the floor, you are fine! Seriously, though, you are 18 and have healthy boobs that are YOUR boobs and are 100% normal. If you are really concerned, please go and see your doctor and ask them for advice and they will tell you that you are perfect as you are. You're 18 and at the age where every girl starts looking at their body in horror and disgust. You could be Kim K right now and you'd still find something about your body/boobs you don't like, because that's how 18 year old girls' minds work, and it's exhausting. When you're 25 you'll look back and think "what was I even panicking about, my boobs were great".

And, remember: there are girls out there with very small boobs who would give anything to be bigger chested. Big boobed girls envy the small boobed, and vice versa. We always want what we don't have and think the opposite of ourselves is more attractive.

Your boobs are fire. FIRE.

Oh and as for this: mums always say silly things like this, without really thinking about what they are saying. Don't pay attention to her comments, because she likely doesn't realise she's upsetting you. Maybe mention it to her, if you think you can. Your mum is smaller breasted than you, and I guarantee she had her own boob insecurities at your age, too.
losing weight will make them more saggy (from experience) best to just accept them, youll have a new insecurity in a few years time and will forget why u eeven cared about ur boobs in the first place :frown:

Sorry for all the messages but I just noticed your bit at the end about being found unattractive...no. No man is ever going to be disappointed by a pair of big boobs. Men don't notice the things we do. They just see boobs and, for a lot of men, the bigger the boobs the better. Men are also not expecting your boobs to defy gravity, and chances re they will have seen other boobs in their lives, so yours will not be a shock!

You stick a naked woman in front of a man...do you reaaaally think they're taking notes about your boob skin?
Original post by holly_1994
What you are describing is totally normal. The bigger your boobs, the heavier they weigh. The perfectly pert boobs you see on TV, even the huge ones, are usually implants. But natural boobs are, you know, susceptible to gravity, and that is why you think they are 'saggy'.

Please do not worry about this. You are a woman now, with woman's boobs, and your boobs are acting exactly as they should. I know it's hard not to compare your body to others, esp. those online, but no woman's boobs can defy gravity, so remember that next time you start comparing your boobs to those you see online.

As for losing weight to reduce sagging, well, whenever I gain/lose weight, my boobs grow/get smaller. But losing weight simply because you want to shrink your boob 'skin' isn't really the way to go. You can always look up boob firming exercises online to strengthen the muscles in the hope of making the skin more taut, but you are worrying so much about nothing.

Listen, unless your boobs are sweeping the floor, you are fine! Seriously, though, you are 18 and have healthy boobs that are YOUR boobs and are 100% normal. If you are really concerned, please go and see your doctor and ask them for advice and they will tell you that you are perfect as you are. You're 18 and at the age where every girl starts looking at their body in horror and disgust. You could be Kim K right now and you'd still find something about your body/boobs you don't like, because that's how 18 year old girls' minds work, and it's exhausting. When you're 25 you'll look back and think "what was I even panicking about, my boobs were great".

And, remember: there are girls out there with very small boobs who would give anything to be bigger chested. Big boobed girls envy the small boobed, and vice versa. We always want what we don't have and think the opposite of ourselves is more attractive.

Your boobs are fire. FIRE.

Omg thank you so much! This actually left me teary-eyed in a good way! This was so kind of you. 💕
Sorry for all the messages but I just noticed your bit at the end about being found unattractive...no. No man is ever going to be disappointed by a pair of big boobs. Men don't notice the things we do. They just see boobs and, for a lot of men, the bigger the boobs the better. Men are also not expecting your boobs to defy gravity, and chances re they will have seen other boobs in their lives, so yours will not be a shock!

You stick a naked woman in front of a man...do you reaaaally think they're taking notes about your boob skin?

Haha thank you so much.
Oh and as for this: mums always say silly things like this, without really thinking about what they are saying. Don't pay attention to her comments, because she likely doesn't realise she's upsetting you. Maybe mention it to her, if you think you can. Your mum is smaller breasted than you, and I guarantee she had her own boob insecurities at your age, too.

Your mum should not be saying those things idk what she is like apart from this but it sounds toxic

Please please do not be influenced by the gils you see on social media or let you think there is one way breasts should look. And don't pay attention to how men say they think they should look either. Do you know how many girls feel this way and quietly get surgery done to pretend there is a 'normal' which doesn't actually exist?

It's crazy to me that something people have been obsessed with for hundreds of years (breasts) and were a source of desire and admiration etc are now the things we take the responsibility to feel apologetic or even ashamed for and even change. No!! A guy is lucky to experience that with you and if he has any issues he's not worth a second look.
This is so horrible of your mum! Dont listen to her. It makes me angry that she would damage your confidence like this

Quick Reply

Latest