The Student Room Group

Tesco interview

I'm 16 and I have a job interview for tesco. What should I expect? The job is either to help in the stockroom or to be on checkouts. If I work in the stockroom would I have to carry heavy things and what exactly would I be doing. If I worked in their stockroom it would only be 2 days a week. I think 10-245. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you x
Reply 1
I applied tesco many times ,they are testing first but I never passed this test, it is difficult to enter to tesco,If you know someone who works at tesco situation may be changed...
Reply 2
Original post by cvgk
I applied tesco many times ,they are testing first but I never passed this test, it is difficult to enter to tesco,If you know someone who works at tesco situation may be changed...

Is it like an online test you did at the interview on the computers and do I have a one to one with a manager at my first interview?
Reply 3
Original post by Elz15
Is it like an online test you did at the interview on the computers and do I have a one to one with a manager at my first interview?

yes that was an online test and it was difficult,they are asking many questions
Reply 4
Original post by cvgk
yes that was an online test and it was difficult,they are asking many questions

Ah ok. Is it like multiple choice and what sorts of questions did they ask? If you remember any could you tell me as that would be very helpful. Thank you😄
Reply 5
Original post by Elz15
Ah ok. Is it like multiple choice and what sorts of questions did they ask? If you remember any could you tell me as that would be very helpful. Thank you😄

It is multiple choice questions but they are very tricky they are asking similar questions but questions seems easy but I never passed , for example If you finish your job early what do you do? your manager calls you to come to job earlier what you do. I say to you good luck because I don't know answers but may be someone knows here, I worked Mc Donald's they gave me a job without asking any questions.
Reply 6
Original post by cvgk
It is multiple choice questions but they are very tricky they are asking similar questions but questions seems easy but I never passed , for example If you finish your job early what do you do? your manager calls you to come to job earlier what you do. I say to you good luck because I don't know answers but may be someone knows here, I worked Mc Donald's they gave me a job without asking any questions.

Ah ok tysm for your help x
Reply 7
To me, 10-2:45 sounds like a checkout job rather than anything else. There isn’t really a completely ‘stockroom’ job to my knowledge, only stock control. Stock control basically walks round checking stock levels for the items that are basically empty on the shelf, both in store and on the backstock, as well as doing reductions for the next day (though that’s usually late shifts), and there isn’t a lot of physicality involved in that job. There’s a slight bit more to it than that but that’s the broad premise.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Elz15
I'm 16 and I have a job interview for tesco. What should I expect? The job is either to help in the stockroom or to be on checkouts. If I work in the stockroom would I have to carry heavy things and what exactly would I be doing. If I worked in their stockroom it would only be 2 days a week. I think 10-245. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you x

The job will be mixture of either working on shop floor filling up shelves, fruit & veg, fridges, clothing, ( not allowed on alcohol department as under 18, or tobacco counter as some areas are restricted for over 18's only ), or checkouts.

You'll be lifting things onto cages or taking of pallets if in stockroom , if lifting things that is too heavy then ask another member to assist with it under health & safety.

You may be asked to do a sampler day with them to see how you do and then they'll make a decision once you are successful with interview as some stores do this.
T/leader and also occasionally stand in supervisor with them.
Reply 9
Original post by BH1010
To me, 10-2:45 sounds like a checkout job rather than anything else. There isn’t really a completely ‘stockroom’ job to my knowledge, only stock control. Stock control basically walks round checking stock levels for the items that are basically empty on the shelf, both in store and on the backstock, as well as doing reductions for the next day (though that’s usually late shifts), and there isn’t a lot of physicality involved in that job. There’s a slight bit more to it than that but that’s the broad premise.

ah ok thank you:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Tracey_W
The job will be mixture of either working on shop floor filling up shelves, fruit & veg, fridges, clothing, ( not allowed on alcohol department as under 18, or tobacco counter as some areas are restricted for over 18's only ), or checkouts.

You'll be lifting things onto cages or taking of pallets if in stockroom , if lifting things that is too heavy then ask another member to assist with it under health & safety.

You may be asked to do a sampler day with them to see how you do and then they'll make a decision once you are successful with interview as some stores do this.
T/leader and also occasionally stand in supervisor with them.

Original post by Elz15

I think u should have a good understanding of why u want to work at tesco, how u would benefit the team, etc. If u have any previous experience, bring that up as well.
Reply 12
Original post by spectrum84
I think u should have a good understanding of why u want to work at tesco, how u would benefit the team, etc. If u have any previous experience, bring that up as well.

Yh ok I do have work experience so helpfully that's helps but the tesco Is looking for lots of different jobs so hopefully they give me st least one job aha. Thank you for the advice x
Original post by Elz15
Yh ok I do have work experience so helpfully that's helps but the tesco Is looking for lots of different jobs so hopefully they give me st least one job aha. Thank you for the advice x

Obviously you'll have put down previous experience in your application form as this will defo help things for you. Remember experience isn't necessary but useful ok.

If you keep applying with tesco don't apply for too many positions at once as I would apply for say 2 jobs every other day as if you get rejected for one job you'll be rejected for everyone you apply for at any one time.

Use any other local tesco stores when applying as give you better opportunities hopefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending